Sub piston induction.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run both a twin & single depending on the course I'm at as there are a couple races in Maryland that there is no room for a twin. The single boats are just as fast overall but the twins have more power thru the corners & tend to handle rough water better 'cause they're bigger & heavier. But there is absolutely nothing sweeter sounding than a dialed in twin shredding the pond .... :D

Don Ferrette said:
But there is absolutely nothing sweeter sounding than a dialed in twin shredding the pond .... :D
True, very true! and 6 of them in 1 heat is really interesting like we had at the hydro shootout here in Sydney.

TimD said:
Don Ferrette said:
But there is absolutely nothing sweeter sounding than a dialed in twin shredding the pond ....  :D
True, very true! and 6 of them in 1 heat is really interesting like we had at the hydro shootout here in Sydney.
Now THAT with get the addrenalin pumpin'!! :D

Oh you have been running with Mikie G. ? 
Gene,

Yeah, Mike has some of the best water for practice with quick boats! Now he just needs some quicker boats! :p

LOL, I just have to be fast enough, Ian has to be the fastest!
Mike,

One of the fastest would do me! I dont know if I can win, but sure would like fastest heat time! B)

It will be hard to beat the twins in a fair race, so I will just have to hope they stop alot.

Now lets see if I can win X mono with the slowest boat in the feild...

Nitrocrazed racing: 1 motor is enough hassle.

Hey Ian, I got some new props :D should I mail them or just bringem along?

Broke in a new engine today too, one down three to go! :blink:

Tim,

Still one of the most impressive things I have seen in boats was 5 twins all hit the start together in Syndey in Easter 2000. The sound of 10 engines, the nitro fumes in the air, the rooster tails... Awesome! B)

Of course I think only two twins made it around the first coner.... :p

Nitrocrazed racing: Twin free zone.

Mike,

If those are the props I am thinking of, I cant guarantee I would have yours done before you get here. You may need express post to get me before I head up to Leigh Creek too! Maybe just bring em.

Sounds like you are making progress. I have barely had time to touch the boats since I got back, still need to do the piston for the hydro, and run it in too! :(

Nitrocrazed racing: Linisher for hire....

Ian,

The "coffin" is done! Looks like I'll have to scratch the 21 though - some parts I was sweating on have not arrived yet!

Tim.

TimD said:
Ian,The "coffin" is done! Looks like I'll have to scratch the 21 though - some parts I was sweating on have not arrived yet!

Tim.
no! say it ain't so! you can do it!

Tom,

m hoping I'll get a parcel any day now with the parts I need to finish it but with only a week to go before racing I am cutting it sooooo fine it isn't funny.

Waiting for: turnfin from Mike Z.

waterproof arial and switch and failsafe. Longer screws for rear boom. Supplier not being mentioned as I'm P1$$ed off with them!

I will do my best to get it running but I am also being realistic.

Tim.

switch and failsafe..... who needs them! they just add weight :p

screws for the rear booms...... just use threaded rod. B)

Turnfin.... you can make one! ;)

Go Tim Go! :blink:

Tim,

I have heaps of screws so I should have something you can use. I have a Bru-line aerial spare. I have bits to make my style of waterproof switches, but some soldering is needed.

Turn fin I should have material for, but I dont have a design for a 21 fin to copy.

We will have my full engineering workshop facilities if we need them! B)

Nitrocrazed racing: We DO have the technology...

Sorry Don - guilty as charged.

Tom - will the fin diagram on plans work OK? I can scan it if it is OK with you and send it to Ian ASAP?

Ian,

need 4-40 x 1 1/2" screws x 2.

Soldering is not a problem - you know I have a little soldering experience B)

Bruline arial is just what I need too.

Cheers,

Tim.

Tim..... the fin i drew in the plans...... lets call it decoration :rolleyes:

ill try to draw the ninja fin tonight for you

Thanks Tom,

I am going to be a busy person once I get off the plane! So much for proper preparation - I guess I'm in for p#$$ poor performance. B)

It all Aces Mate ;)

Buckle down and geeet after it...... :lol:

A Aussie stay on topic......Yeah thats gonna happin........... :p

COngrats on the 1500 posts Gene - I just clicked over 1500 too! We talk too much!

Back