Stripped Screw

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CHowarth said:
Any suggestions on how to get a stripped, phillips screw out of my lower unit? 
Thanks,

Charley

85677[/snapback]

Hey Charley,

If you drill into the top of the phillips head with a drill that is about one sixteenth of an inch bigger than the screw size the head of the screw will eventually fall off. Take your equipment apart and there should be enough of the screw sticking out to grab with pliers to pull out. Good luck.

Thank you for your wise and timely advice, Dr. Hydro. I appreciate the help.

Humbly yours,

LD1

Charley, Please tell these people that you got the screw out,,,,,your the one that's goin' for a "record",,ain'cha

I'm trying to catch Uncle Jerry in posts..

Nope.. The screw is still in!! I think it will become the speed secret of 2005. I am stripping out all the screws on my Mod Tunnel lower unit right now. Saves weight!!

Charley

OK Charlie your a mod is smoking in the straights and I was having trouble with mine (dirty fuel filter) But with all classes in my opinion driving is 60% of the battle. I was very happy with the way my new B stock was running and the B mod needs a little tweeking but is real close. I'm just about ready for you guys. Greg :ph34r: :rolleyes:

You got to remember this is Charley. That screw ain't never coming out unless Russ or I take it out for him. ;) He is all thumbs when it comes to mechanical stuff. :blink: Beside he'll probably have it sold next week anyhow. :p

Mike

Come on, Mike.. Where's the love? If you need help with your boats, just ask.. I am always happy to help a fellow boater..

Charley

Last edited by a moderator:
Back