Stripped Screw

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 115

Any suggestions on how to get a stripped, phillips screw out of my lower unit?

Thanks,

Charley

Russ,

People tend to use humor when they don't know the answer.. :p

Thanks guys... So I take it while I am drilling the bit in, the screw will screw out?

Charley

CHowarth said:
Russ,
People tend to use humor when they don't know the answer.. :p

Thanks guys... So I take it while I am drilling the bit in, the screw will screw out?

Charley

85693[/snapback]

I havent used a left hand drill bit but one would think that it should be chucked up tight and the drill ran in reverse, drill bit grabs and screw has no choice but to back out.

I did however use a regular drill bit and drilled into the screw or bolt and then put the drill in reverse and the screw backed out.

Good Luck!

Ron

I had thought about just screwing into the screw and backing it out.. Figured it sounded to logical to work.. I'll give it a shot..

Thanks,

Charley

Charley

Just turn the lower over and drill it with regular drill from the back side. This will twist it out. No need to go to the store.

Mike

Charley

Just turn the lower over and drill it with regular drill from the back side. This will twist it out. No need to go to the store.

Mike

Mike Hughes said:
CharleyJust turn the lower over and drill it with regular drill from the back side. This will twist it out. No need to go to the store.

Mike

85707[/snapback]

MIKE , SOUNDS GOOD TYO ME , HEY GUYS , HE SAID IT WAS STRIPPED , THAT MEANS THE THREADS ARE GONE . IT WILL NOT BACK OUT . YOU NEED TO PUSH AND TURN FROM THE BACK SIDE , HE HE HE HE

GOIN RACING IN SOUT GA THIS WEEK END WITH ONE OF THE NEW PROTO TYP ENGINES, I WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT DOES . GOOD OR BAD , GOD BLESS

An easy out is a screw extractor sometimes with square heads and others with reverse flutes. You drill into the screw head with the appropriate drill size and then insert the extractor which should not bottom out before wedging itself to the screw then you wrench the screw out. Sears has them and your local hardware store.

Good Luck again!

Ron

Back