Stripped Screw

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, thanks for the catch on the pipe pricing... THe OS lower units are all one piece except for a side panel on the lower unit that is held in by 3 screws. That is the screw that I stripped the head out on so cannot remove the panel..

Charley

CHowarth said:
Yeah, thanks for the catch on the pipe pricing...  THe OS lower units are all one piece except for a side panel on the lower unit that is held in by 3 screws.  That is the screw that I stripped the head out on so cannot remove the panel..
Charley

86079[/snapback]

I only see two screws on the side panel. Ok take the two that are ok off.then grin the one thats striped just the head.then pull the panel off and put the vice grip on it

Nick

Different parts but use a similar approach. How does this sound?

Remove all but one of the undamaged screws from the inspection plate, then drill the head off the stripped one. then loosen the last remaining screw until there is only 1 thread holding it in. then using the screwdriver, push on the loose screw, which will push the inspection plate away from the rest of the lower slightly (enough to grab it with pliers). Remove the screw completely and then remove the inspection plate. you should see the remains of the damaged screw (less the head you drilled off) attached to the inspection plate. Use a pair of pliers to unscrew the remains.....

Charley if your going to the fun run sun. let me me know I'll get your screw out. I'll even bring my heli coil kits. :) Hows that sound? Whats a heli coil? New topic :lol: :ph34r: Greg Roth

I actually know what a heli coil is.. I have Geraghty to thank for that lesson on a full size outboard motor..

I am going on Sunday and we'll see what we have time for. If it runs well, I am not touching it!!! :D

What are you bringing to run, Greg?

Charley

I'm bringing my new B stock, So you can see me swear a little and the B stock I ran last year that is now a B mod. I built 2 motors for it. 1 wild and 1 kind of wild.

Hope the cases hold together. Greg <_<

Man, four pages and you still have'nt got that screw out yet? See you guys on Sunday, I'll bring my Oxy-acetaline torch, I think the rosebud tip will get the job done.LOL

Mike

Hey Mike how about wire feed spool gun and a generator. I need to fix the exhaust on my truck. See ya Sun. Greg :ph34r: B)

Well, the stripped screw never came out(we didn't try) but what a day of running boats.. I hate all this rain in Washington.. It's just miserable :p . Looks like there are going to be some fast tunnels out here this year. Mr. Roth is going to have to work hard to defend his titles.. :D

Good to see you all,

Charley

It's not raining in WA???? It has poured for the better part of the week here in SD?!?!? The world is ending :blink: :huh:

Adam

Contrary to popular belief, it don't rain much. Sunny skies for a week. Had 2 days of rain before that and 2 weeks of sun before that.

Mike,

You are letting out WA's greatest secret.. I was told once I moved here that I had to tell everyone it rained so much so no one else would move out here.. It's 55 and sunny today.. There is nothing but sun and high 50's forecasted until March..

yup, it's terrible here.

Joel, you need to toughen up.. Cold? Are you crazy?

Bob,

Charley

Well now thats it, I now know it doesn't rain so much in WA so I am headed there with the wife and my Scale to whoop up on some of the RCU boys :p .

Just kiddin there's no way I would leave FL where we race year round for that god foresaken frigid white stuff !

Hey how about that screw Charley is it still in there???

Ron

Last edited:
Back