STORM Final SMACKDOWN

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gonna try something this weekend that should get me around the corners quicker, close some of the gap that the rabbit Vision has. I do hope you run well with Andy's boat but it won't be in front of mine!! B)

What ya saying Hearl....the hotel got fleas and bed bugs?? :eek:

Im pretty sure he is referring to a personal reach around to get around his large corners Hearle , let him bring his own gloves btw :eek:

Randy , You just drive it, Dont worry bout Poole.

He knows he lost the best boat he had ;)

See ya in the am- the Hornet is ready to rock and roll B)

Andy

The mod worked. Boat turns faster than any previous hull. Don't worry Mic, I won't turn inside of you. I'll just pass you on the outside! :eek:

MUWAHAHAHA!!!!

Mark,

Looking at the series scores with one throw out we are tied and Shawn is 75 points behind so it's winner take all in the final. I think Shawn is sandbagging us pretty bad from what I saw when he pulled the trigger at Sowega. mines upside down in the garage with some new bottom mods. Gonna be faster or totally toast. Have to test it in timmed laps.

Mic

Well, no point storing at this one! Race for the win and race for the Championship. It's nice to have my boat running aggressive through the corners and hugging the buoys. Just in time for all the marbles. :)

Well, no point storing at this one! Race for the win and race for the Championship. It's nice to have my boat running aggressive through the corners and hugging the buoys. Just in time for all the marbles. :)
I don't have a horse in the points race, but turns out at least I'm racing.

The out of town work got held off so I will be running my boat after all.

Having suckered Randy into starting the improvements on my boat by telling him he could drive it
rolleyes.gif

Ya never know - lmao
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Good thing he had a Premo nition..........

Looks like a thrash Wednesday
blink.gif

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
Just looked at the Sport B tunnel entries on R/C racing events......GOOD LORD! :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

Bill,

Your welcome back race puts you in a real hornets nest. World record holders, World Champions and more than few tunnel US-1's in that field with only 2 stacked heats with similar horsepower. Anyone with 3rd or 4th place points will be an accomplishment. No weak heats here. Course if history repeats all the big guns take each other out racing harder than normal. Going to be fun just watching. The rest of the main tunnel classes are stacked accordingly.

Mic

Mic, as lost and probably EMBARRASED as im likely to be, i cant wait to get there to see all the good racing myself! Outboards is where i started in this hobby a loonng time ago...you know, Dumas hotshots, Hugheys, Octura Tomcats,Leecrafts....stuff like that...its amazing how far this stuff has come performance wise! Ive never been to an outboard only race, so thats gonna be kinda cool too...my main priority is to have fun with you guys, try NOT to screw up someone else's race and learn somethin in between all that! :)

Glad it worked out so you could race Andy.

Bill just go fast turn right and have fun. Don't forget about racing on the tri oval too. It is a lot of fun.

Mic, as lost and probably EMBARRASED as im likely to be, i cant wait to get there to see all the good racing myself! Outboards is where i started in this hobby a loonng time ago...you know, Dumas hotshots, Hugheys, Octura Tomcats,Leecrafts....stuff like that...its amazing how far this stuff has come performance wise! Ive never been to an outboard only race, so thats gonna be kinda cool too...my main priority is to have fun with you guys, try NOT to screw up someone else's race and learn somethin in between all that! :)

Bill It would be a pleasure to be your pit man, so if ya need me just say the word ;)

66 boats and still adding them in. Who will surprise us next?

IT IS ON......................

Thanks to everyone for the support, what a way to end the year.

The tri-oval is by far the best layout for this. Next Year we need a lake to do LeMans starts from..

Mark, looks like MOD VP has turned the corner with support, and Outlaw 45 has really opened eyes this year.

RP

Race Format please read!!!!

Just got off the phone with Bill Britton and we needed to make a couple concession with two classes and finalise the format with the number of boats.

FE and Gas tunnels have a few guys that cannot make it there Saturaday. This is a best 4 of 5 heat race scoring so we will run those classes last in the round, stopping Saturday 2 heats short of 2 full rounds, therefore starting Sunday with those two classes who will get 4 rounds in Sunday. If there are not 3 boats to start either class on Saturday its a moot point and everyone used up their muligan. If 3 are there they will run one heat and be able to drop one score. We don't want make it difficult as we are trying to accomodate people and keep it fun. Remember Gas and FE only. Maybe wet paint on a couple entries trying to make it in last minute.

Satuday will have open water and timed 2 laps for course records until 12:30 giving priority to anyone wanting to run for time. No fees this time but limit of 5 tries in any class.

The other classes will run 2 on Saturday afternoon and 3 on Sunday. Its looking to be 13 heats in a round. 26-2 or 24 Saturday and 39+2 or 41 on Sunday. To eliminate run offs and make sure you win running he best cometition,we will take a short break between round 4 and 5 and group the top points together for the last heat. This will only be in 4 classes 21 Sport & Mod and 40 Mod and Outlaw 40. Open, Mod VP, Gas & Fe are only one heat anyway. Any frequency conflicts are resolved by points. Lower score has to change or forefit. Should not be a problem.

Awards after the race with certificates 1st, 2nd, & 3rd for the race. Then the STORM series Champions get engraved bracelets, a championsip certificate and STRA-1 stickers to display on their boats for the 2011 season.

Weather looks good, cool and not too windy in the forecast. We aren't pressed for time with 70 boats and 65 heats in 2 days of racing. See you all therir early Saturday.

Mic

Bill It would be a pleasure to be your pit man, so if ya need me just say the word ;)
Thanks Ron....works both ways, if i can help you out also! :)

Randy, Mod-VP has been all about fun ever since we first started including them at the races kinda like original crackerbox class. I also think the boats are about to turn a corner with performance too. I thought that we would see more converted monos since Mic and Jay have shown that if done right they do work well. I know once some of the "tunnel heads" really begin thinking about how to build a better mouse trap it's going to get real interesting. B)

Anybody heard from Mike Culhane? I e mailed him some pics to set up the boat.

Me and Premo braved the 20+ mph winds at Brandon today
blink.gif

Ran the Hornet and the Mod VP .

It was actually really good practice driving the Mod VP in that weather and I managed a little more stick time with the boat.

Its getting better, but your right Mark , Im pretty sure performance is going to get better as more people realize what fun they are to drive and start experimenting.

See ya Sat am ,

Careful with my Mono btw - lol
wink.gif

Andy

If you ran the boat in 20 mph winds then you had good practice at keeping it right side up!! :p

I have a Microburst 20 mono set up as outboard. If I can get a good set up on it I'll race against ya in 20 mono too. It has shown potential but I need to spend some serious test time with it at the pond. I'll be getting there late Fri. afternoon.

I'm glad Mod VP is starting to get some interest, we need more tunnel and nitro classes out there. BTW I will be showing up with a different boat,newly modified pod and zero test time, should be interesting with the championship on the line :huh:

Latest posts

Back