STORM Final SMACKDOWN

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HTV Boats

Well here's the official smack thread. Nice thing here is the real smack will be settled at the race. Timmed laps don't lie and only one winner will emerge there. Brandon course is surveyed and allowing for errror with 3 stop watches times should be accurate to 1/10th of a second. In a two lap average thats still close. Weather, humidity and water temps are low and being just above sea level we have ideal conditions. To put it in perspective at the Internats time trails with heat racing setups, a mod 21 time below 30 seconds is respectable. We saw 25's in the spring event and someone could go into the 24's here.Mod 45 times may go to the 26's also. John Otto turned 27.44 with his 40 and I know a couple guys who will try to lower that. Again Jay turned a 28.10 at the Internats which was only 1/2 second off Drakes beat 40 mod Internats time. So expect to see some fast boats but only one will have bragging rights for 2010.

Now for the first volley in heat racing :p :lol: :blink: POOLE your going down. OMC,HTV and Vision, the Mod-VP tittle on the line. Points are close so it will be winner take all.

Anyone who wants to see if our tunnel measures up with the best in the country come on down. Anyone besides Poole north of the Florida border got a set???? probably not.

Mic

Last edited by a moderator:
If we had the beam/reflector, we could run the computer program for timing and give it a spot-on accurate number. Bill has the program, we haven't put it to use yet.The 3 stopwatch method was very consistent.

TBM SAYS COME GETCHA SUM........

sincerely,

Not Ron Drake

You are right Mic, I am going down........down there to get me a Championship!! I still have a few tricks to unleash with the Mod-VP. What I learned in Sowega will allow me to do more than be a "point vaccum" as you like to say. :p

I will hold nothing back in time trials as I will be looking to best the V-pads against the clock. That pesky Vision may be harder to top, gives me something to gun for next year. B)

Bill,

Running Timmed laps is not mandatory.Just for "king of the pond" bragging rights. It also is a good way to test and see how you stack up against the competition. :huh: looking forward to your "initiation" into tunnel boat racing mafia style? :eek: Just don't stand in the cement tubs very long. With no low country representation they may turn on their own.

Mic

Being a Newb myself , I will keep an eye on him :p

Got your back Bill, BTW - your gonna have to compete for slowest, you have yet to see my Mod-VP run ;)

Andy

the mod vp's are neat!! kinda like a squirrelly tunnel :eek: :lol: :lol: . i've got on of mark's & one of mic's, hard to say which one i like best. i think mic's handles a little better, especially in rough water, but mark's seems to be a little faster. i've run them both with the same engine (k& B) , back to back on the same day, still a coin toss as to my favorite. mostly would depend on the driver's setup & driving preferences, imo. mic's is more like a mono, being mono based (duh). mark's is closer to a tunnel based design, but designed from the ground up, not made from an existing tunnel. so they each have their strengths & weak points. comes down to what you feel most comfortable with. both very good hulls.

edit: i should add that both of my mod vp's are a couple years old. both mark & mic have updated/refined their hulls since then.

Mike you don't need a new hull, just put a pod in the tunnel of your stock boat. You just need to figure out a way to mount a pod in there.

Oh now don't go and throw another "pickle pod fork" out there. :lol:

Mike I have a hull you can use in Brandon but it will need rigging. You NEED to have a "built from the ground up" boat. :p It's a Gen 2.

How much is a Mod VP hull??? Are they glass, or wood, or both? Do you guys run stock or piped motors on em? Ive been out of the outboard stuff for a while.............just curious..... :)

all the ones i've seen are glass, bill (mark's, mic's & vision). the class follows impba sport 20 tunnel engine rules.

How much is a Mod VP hull??? Are they glass, or wood, or both? Do you guys run stock or piped motors on em? Ive been out of the outboard stuff for a while.............just curious..... :)

I can see the wheels turning from here, :rolleyes:

BUT WILL HE RACE IT - lmao :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Kidding buddy, Mic has a Mod-VProject :p for sale at the Riverview race- cheap !!!!!

A 20 tunnel with a bolt on pad ......

When ya get done shooting rockets Sat. come on out and visit dang it !! ;)

I will bring the Magician so you can give it a once over.

Andy

I can see the wheels turning from here, :rolleyes:

BUT WILL HE RACE IT - lmao :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Kidding buddy, Mic has a Mod-VProject :p for sale at the Riverview race- cheap !!!!!

A 20 tunnel with a bolt on pad ......

When ya get done shooting rockets Sat. come on out and visit dang it !! ;)

I will bring the Magician so you can give it a once over.

Andy
Andy, ill try to get over there..........

Oh this is shaping up to be a real war! :p

Bill the boat can be made of anything as long as it meets the hull rules. We are using Sport B engines. Makes the class cheaper and more competitive. I don't think anyone has built a boat up from wood yet.

One thing that we should remember, that if you mod an existing boat to run in Mod-VP you should not race that same hull in another class. That is in the rule book. I think the key words there are "non permanent changes". I think the only problem that arises is if a hull is raced at any one event it cannot swap classes. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back