Storing nitro fuel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr Hydro

Did I hear sonewhere about storing nitro in glass jugs topped offf with argon gas? I have a few gallons I need to keep fresh. Thanks

I thought that in the original bottle, tightly sealed, up off the concrete floor and in a dark cool place was fine.

How long are you planning on storing it?

You can store your fuel in the original jugs. Keep the fuel in a dark, cool location. Make certain that it is tightly sealed. You can keep the fuel easily over the winter months, probably longer.

If you store it for more than five or six months, you might find that there are some white flakes at the bottom of your jug. That is some of the bean oil falling out of high nitro content fuel. If this happens, run the fuel through a filter before you pump it into a fuel tank.

Al Hobbs

If you store it for more than five or six months, you might find that there are some white flakes at the bottom of your jug. That is some of the bean oil falling out of high nitro content fuel. If this happens, run the fuel through a filter before you pump it into a fuel tank.

Al Hobbs
Another option is to put 2 coffee filters in a funnel and run all of the fuel through it into a CLEAN and dry fuel jug. It will take all of the residue out and not put anything in the fuel filter. If you are not using castor (bean) oil then you may not have any sediment.

Back