Stolen boats/engines and equipment....

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Larson

Hey guys... upon returning to his storage garage, to retreive his ice fishing equipment, Adam has found his boats/fuel/engines and supporting equipment gone..... He hasnt any recourse with the sheriff because he of course paid cash for most things, built the boats, etc, and couldnt prove things were his anyway.... they wont help him..... he doesnt have computer access, after calling me, super down, I'm asking everyone be vigilant for the following: A pair of Slater( dunlap Wof plans) tunnel hulls, one painted and finished the other complete wood and sealed...... one 45 FF outrigger with an OS 45 in it, accompanying Rossi 45 NIB engine, a NIB Nova 21, and a rossi 4 bolt gold head modified outboard engine.... various KB outboard engines and parts from 12mm to newer 13's.... supporting equipment, and 3 cases of Byron's 45/16 fuel..... They got his ice fishin equipment also, and he just said if it had value they got it..... I guess, basically I'll ask people to keep an eye on ebay/etc, as, Adam works almost constantly, and while winters here, surely spring may bring things out..... the only lucky side to the deal was, that he had taken a pair of hulls to his apartment along in the earlier move a Jae and a tunnel, or he'd have nothing.... I'd ask for help, because, if we can just find ONE thing..... anyway... Adam's a good cat, supports his family like a man, and I'll do my part if I can.... it aint over.... thanks Mike

Mike get us some pics of the boats if you can- What part of the country was this ?

Andy

Unreal...... my buddy just had his street bike stolen .... Find these aholes and shoot them ..... keep a eye on craigslist and pawn shops....

Wow that stinks.Sorry to see this.See the same thread on Jims.Makes you want to inscribe your name on everything.Bad thing how long ago did they get the rc stuff.In a storage shed you dont go there everyday.

Somebody obviously knew what they were after so don't be surprised if he knows who it is.

Mike,

I know you talk to my brother often. We will give him some of our things. I know he is a great guy, raced with him in the past.

TL

After 3 years of my trailer being stolen I got a email of a guy wanting to buy some parts for his boat. When he came to the shop with his boat It was one that was taken out of my trailer 3 years ago. I got back a few other things also

So good luck with getting it back. It might take some time but you just never know

We've seen it before from neighbor kids to other boaters. Somebody usually knows what they're after and what it's worth.

After 3 years of my trailer being stolen I got a email of a guy wanting to buy some parts for his boat. When he came to the shop with his boat It was one that was taken out of my trailer 3 years ago. I got back a few other things also

So good luck with getting it back. It might take some time but you just never know
Jerry was he the guy that got the whole deal- or just purchased it from someone else ?

Was wondering about your stuff just the other day after we talked.

We are way too small a nitch for it not to pop up sooner or later ....................

Andy

Was it just his unit that was broken into?? That would lead to someone he knows or seen him put stuff in his unit ... storage unit theft is on the rise .. If other units where broken into get a list of all the goods to help find the bastards....

my guess would be e-bay or the pawn shop also, most thieves are not the sharpest tools in the box and they are looking for a fast turnaround. our r/c boating world is not that big, it will turn up. sorry for your loss. when you find out who it was and you need a vigilantie group i am sure there will be more than one volunteer

Timbo... thanks brother, hang tight on the stuff, as I've some things to get him going too.... spring'll tell what he'll do... IDK, on the other units, but i did know they had the cheesy handle lock garage door deal goin on.... he didnt frequent the place as he'd moved earlier into a little box, and kept payment on the thing to store his seasonal stuff, project boats etc... anyway... I appreciate the look out, as we will be waiting to catch them, if it takes years..... bad deal on pictures, is, the WOF's were just wood/sealed, unfinished, with white dumas stock cowls, the FF 45 is yellow/orange.... there are unique qualities to quite a mess of the engines that, I will pick off, if I get word and it may happen... again i'll thank you guys from Adam, as, he'd been kicked down earlier, didnt need some SOB stealing his stuff right now.... he works too **** hard for his kids and deserves better... Mike

Back