Stinger inside diameter CMD 45 parabolic

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akilbar

I have a 2 year old eagle SG mac 45 with CMD parabolic pipe. I bought the whole deal straight from CMD 2 years ago. Last weekend I had a meeting with a buoy and the result was, no more pipe. I just bought a new one from Al's Hobbies. Now the question. The old pipe had a stinger diameter ( inside ) of .375. I drilled the baffle out to the same diameter. I went to do the same to the new pipe but found the stinger is .425. I compared the pipe to my partners pipe who built his along with me 2 years ago and found the pipe from the weld to stinger is a little longer but close and the diameter overall is close.

Question is do I now have a newer design, old design, or a fluke????

Curious what others measure. I have not drilled the baffle yet. Not sure if I should with the different stinger size.

Thanks.

I've been using the new parabolic 45 in stock form in my rigger ! I would try it in that way before any mods.

Gill

The old pipe was 375 the newer ones are bigger if you drilled out the old and ran fine your going to find out if you drill the new one out wont run the same i would run it stock if you drilled out the new one you might want to make a bushing that takes it back to 375 i took my old 45 pipe and expanded the stinger to 415 but when its not at least 90 plus degrees out i put the 375 bushing init.

Thanks for the replies. I have not drilled it yet. When I ran it, it was about 80 degrees. Seemed to run pretty strong, of course it destroyed the plug ( MC9), just a little stub of wire left in a black hole. Too lean I guess??

It was running strong though, didn't sag even with the cored plug...

Fun

Akibar, Seems there is a 3mm & a 4mm parabolic pipe. The 4 mm being the current pipe. I have a 3mm Pipe (Cond) Perfect shape. I would trade for a 4mm if interested. [email protected]

Back