SS & Cheese Wiz/Update.....

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re:Greenies and Cheese Wiz/New Pics

Ok Dude,

Next question, why did you choose to use the OS water pickup?

-MikeP

The OS pickup has about the same dia on the inlet as the stock pipe that comes with the Lawless, But the outlet where the tubing goes is much smaller, kinda like a carb jet, just drill it out till you get the temp on the head that you want.

Gene ;D

Man Slide thought everything thing out well!! That boat is sweet. I look at that boat and hear "Cha Ching" that's some serious money laid up in that bad boy.

Have you thought or has GrimRacer thought about doing a cowling that you can cut out and install a window, this way you can see a driver? That would give it that final sweet touch.

Hey Gene

I'm back from the dead !! What happend to the hull that TF was making ?

Looks good either way !! If looks were speed it would go at least 75-80 !!!!!! :eek:

Hey Gene

I'm back from the dead !! What happend to the hull that TF was making ?

Looks good either way !! If looks were speed it would go at least 75-80 !!!!!! :eek:
T/F has been very slack, and has not sent gene the center section for it yet as he promised he would. Gener decided to go with his own sponson design, however I think the project got put on hold due to lack of time and "other things" needed to break world records ....... But stay tuned, Gener Cant keep his hand off of the "speed quest pie" for long.

Signed ~ Slacker : :) : :) : :)

Hey Thank's Butchie,

Glad ta see ya back :D

Not all T/F's fault, I pulled a Gomer and ordered all the part's for the project at once from one Supplier, It went backorder and was double billed and I'm still waiting for the credits to show. I do have a few new ideas for the sponsons on paper, We'll see how it goes ;)

Gene ;D

Had some really good air yesterday after work, so off to the water I went fer a quickie.

The Villain/CMB ovals nicely up to about 5/8th throttle showing good manners all the way around, watch the entrance to the turns (extended mount leverage) and yer Ok.

Now that last 3/8th to WOT is reserved for GONZOLAND!!!!

Its gets REAL serious real quick, made a couple passes downwind leg.

Gonna work up some props fer this combo,

More ta come ;)

Gene ;D

Setup was as follows:

CG 33%

60% Redmax

Octura X-440 stock

Propshaft about 1/8th above sponson bottoms

0 deg. Trim

1 1/2 oz. on sponson tips

Re:Greenies and Cheese Wiz/Prop Picks

Hey Guy's,

Already ran it with a X-440 stock and Chopper 442 with good results, Also gonna try the following:

Andy Brown mod 1440 cup at 2.9 (Thanks Dave)

Some hot dog props from Oz (Thanks Tim)

Also found a cool header for the CMB, I dont like the stocker, casting is rough and is very soft material.

I went with this one from the LHS, works great and you can run the pipe on either side.

Click the attachment and the pic will come up with the part no. and price,

Gene ;D

Next up I might do some pipe swappin, got the two Irwin's run and might go exotic again, like a CF, or Bolly pylon,

Stay Tuned ;)

Geneo!

Good luck with that monster. Ought run really sweet! See if you can come up with a Equi pipe somewhere. My buddy Mike Dorsch has one on his NR and it sure makes a pile of HP.

I'm getting ready for the Denver move here in about 2 weeks. My Budweiser tunnel went back to the original owner. That was the deal. If either one of us was leaving the area I would get it back to him. If all goes well, I'll be starting over with a new hull and bolting my NR from Tim on the back. I still haven't decided on what hull yet. I'll be saying in touch.

Later!

Ed Radz

Ed! Hey Buddy ;D

Thanks for the pipe tip, Yeah this Villain/CMB combo keeps me sharp on drivin skills 8) Everything I have thrown at it so far the boat just goes "That all ya got" Ha,Ha,

Stay in touch Dude and let me know which hull ya go with ;)

Gene ;D

Also did a CMC stinger mod to my Irwin that I kept, for max adjustability during dial ins, I describe it here:

This pic is my first Villain, also ran a 3.5 cowl only cutdown in height a little.

I sold this boat to a friend that I run with when he is in town, he has a pretty hot piped OS/XM on it. We just ran them together few days back, and this new boat smoked him bad, really ran off and left it 8)

Next up I gonna be puttin the tweeks to a AB 1440 and see how it does,

Muha, Ha, Ha,

Gene ;D

Gene,

Is it trial and error or can you tell when to change the size if the stinger?

Mike

Well generally I start out with the larger dia and length and work my way down till performance is lost,

Gene ;D

Just like everything else, go til ya go to far then back up.

I don't know what the problem is...just use one of these... ;D

Yikes!!!! :eek:

There ya go Mike, the "Mondo Torqueo"

That'll cure that turnin problem......

Ha,Ha,

Gene ;D

Phase III Racing: Overkill is just right............

Well......that might help, still looks a little weak do the make a bigger driven gear, I still have room in the radio box.

Sorry Slide...temporary brain fart. That was supposed to be posted in Mike's tunnel thread. : :) Oh well.

Anyways, if you were to use a HS 645 MG with 133 oz/in of torque in that 4 to 1 gearbox, you're looking at 532 oz/in of total output. :eek:

(of course the transit time goes from .20 sec to .80 sec... :- )

Latest posts

Back