SS & Cheese Wiz/Update.....

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slideblues

SS & Cheese Wiz/Update.....

MaMa Timbo in Oz gonna yell at me but the Greenie is goin on the S-1 ;)

The Ackerman porting is wild :eek: I got ta get with him and see just what all he did do to it specs and stuff. Runnin the Purple carb on this one too, the bores are about the same but the Purple's throat is a little smaller, should give a crisp responce. Cut down the cav plate on the Lawless to match a K&B. Bout 3/8" off the skeg and sharpened. One of the props gonna be the 442 Chopper from Tim at PB Racing, as is the extended motor mount, yeah its out there!!!!

Re:Greenies and Cheese Wiz......

Looking SWEET :D ;D Can't wait to see pics and read about how it runs..

Mark...

Hey Mark,

Thanks Dude ;D Gonna try to keep this one nice fer a while, No hydro props or 70% nitro, Just nice handeling Octura X series ;)

Gene ;D

Yeah right,

The day Slide backs off in the straights is the day I win the Wet Tshirt contest at Hooters :eek:

O Great!!!!!

Now there's a image I want burned in my brain :p ;D

Shot of the Mean Green before I changed carbs, Bolt on water pickup off a OS, You can also see the slimmed down cav plate.

Gene,

Why do you have the extended motor mount? Could you explain all about that. What does having it way out there do?

Thanks,

-MikeP

Hey Mike,

Its a balancing act, For Oval you need it close for good handeling, for SAW it's faster out there a ways. Bad part is with it out there a ways it also increases leverage on the hull and it might try to lift in the turns.

I have found a sweet spot at about 5 1/4" to 5 1/2" transom to drive dog. Good combo of speed and handeling there.

Gene ;D

Re: Prop distance from transom

Just for the heck of it, I walked down to my shop to measure the prop distance on my WOF 30/CMB LS on a Lawless outdrive. The back edge of the drive dog is 4 5/8" from the back of the boat. I've found that extending the prop back further makes finding the "sweet spot" more of a challenge when dialing in the boat.

JD

Yep, JD's right, the further out the harder it gets.

One other thing is how much transom inset your hull has, Think mine is about 1 inch.

Gene ;D

Re:Greenies and Cheese Wiz/New Pics

Got ta thank a few here, This was one easy project, Everything fit right the first time,

Mikie Z, PowerSurge Racing, Pro Built is the way ta go,

Villains Rule!!!!

Tim @ PB Racing, Hardware, engines, pipes, what ever ya need he can fix ya up or make one for ya.

Charley H. Great deal on the CMB LS21 Greenhead,

Lawless and Irwin, plus a BUNCH of extra stuff he just threw in.

John Ackerman, What can I say this thing is gonna scream!!!!

Bout all thats left is hook up the radio and hit the water!!!!

Thanks a bunch Guy's ;)

Gene ;D

Gener, Mercury don't have nothin on you. You will set the water on fire baby!

Lookin good!!!!

Looking good Gene, ;D

If I understand things right the way you have your outdrive mounted waaaay out there, you are going for saw speed and giving up some handling in the turns.

I have been thinking the other direction, I have mine set about 1/4" closer than JD likes it. (I can always go longer)

My past problem area with tunnels is coming out of the turns.

-MikeP

Hey Daddy S,

Thanks Man ;D Its gonna be fun!!!!

Mike P. Thanks Dude 8)

Yes you are correct, Its a trade off fer shure,

And yeah try it short, Or what ever works best for what you want the hull do.

Gene ;D

Saweeeeet, Gene! All it's missing is the flames! ;)

(Don't forget the "Ooga chaka.............")

Hey thanks PJ!!! ;)

Still tryin to make up my mind on the graphics,

Ahhhh yes the boating chant,

Ooga Chaka Muha Muha, repeat twice when runnin a new hull for the first time ;D

Latest posts

Back