Squish / Head clearance gauge

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright fella's. I have something else here in the works. Making an adapter for the turbo plugs. This is a bigger diameter body, so im pretty sure i could sell just the adapter, without the gauge (you would use your own dial indicator). I have to wait for a couple things to get here, and I will post up. Price would be 30.00 shipped for the adapter.

within .001. Its as accurate as the user makes it. I can tell you from experience that I did a motor that I thought was at .013 via the solder test, and with the gauge its actually at .009. I would believe the gauge over the solder. Solder is smashing, and creating force on the side of the piston, so its more likely to give in inaccurate reading. So take that for whats its worth.
I build big motors (not RC), but big record setting 2-stroke motors and the solder test is the only thing I trust. You can have some fluctuation if you go front to back as the piston will rock a little on the pin, but if you do directionally with the pin, you won't get any slop in your reading.

Good luck with your sales Rodney

OK guys, just got another order from Australia. I will have 2 more done by the end of the week, if anyone needs one. Just let me know. (These will be standard plug, standard dial indicator)

Keevan, I wont make just the adapters anymore. Its too hard to get them all to fit right without having the gauge in my hand. The turbo's, when I get around to them, shouldnt be a problem, as there is much more clearance there. The way I make the standard, there isnt very much meat left at all by the time you thread for the glow plug, so its a very tight tolerance there for the stem of the indeicator. Which is why I need the gauge, to fit each one accordingly. So just the entire unit at this time. I have yet to get the stuff for the turbo adapters. I will post when they are ready.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back