Sport tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should sport tunnel engines be stock?

• Yes, keep them stock.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, allow any change as long as it can't be seen.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Tommy said it the main reason I like the rules is that you do not have chicken sh**t tech inspections for locktite on threads or sand marks on head buttons from trying to smooth out glow plug element damage or definining Skeg profiles. These rules are relatively simple to tech from a CD 's stand point you don't really need to be a K&B expert with all of the variations. Mike teched all of the engines prior to the start of the event and then teched top 3 fininshers of each heat all in a amnner of minnutes after each heat this class works. I do agree with Bob as far as using a variation of nuts and bolts to help hold equipment together when threads get stripped or oiler for the shafts. This mainly helps reliablility.

Bill Zuber

See Rod I used my name.

Hey Rod,

A little late, but I gotta say it , amen brother! My super sport water cooled K&B outboard you did for me years back still rocks, even with 1995 parts still in it.

And this IS one of h*** of a fun class to race, let's all please leave it alone.

Wally "the Wallster" Marsh

thank you mister Geraghty for clearing this up on SPORT tunnels not stock tunnels

have you ever thought about writing abook abought KB21s you have forgot

more than i will ever know put me down for the 1st one an thank you for being there an your forsight in makeing SPORT tunnels the beast like Paul Harvey says

NOW YOU KNOW THE REST OF THE STORY

MARTY SLATER

630 HILLVIEW DR

MARION IA 52302

IMPBA#19353 S

Just got off the phone with Geraghty.... WHEW that was definately the single most productive phone conversation ive ever had about motors. I would agreed with you Marty, Rod knows more about K&Bs (and motors in general) than I could ever hope to learn.

If anyone needs a good lesson, DO NOT HESITATE TO CALL, very knowlegeable and more than willing to share. He even breaks it down in lamen terms to paint an easy picture to understand.

Once again, Thank you Mr. Geraghty! :D

James "back to the drawing board" Clegg :eek: :eek:

All sorts of things can be talked about and researched here. You know, the only way to have a true level field for beginners is everone run the same hull, motor, prop, weight and fuel. There's another can of worms. :lol: :lol:

re: another can of worms

The Top Speed2 Challenges conducted at both the NAMBA and IMPBA national events proved to me that even with everyone running the same boat, prop, fuel, and supposedly set up the same, there were differences in the way the boats ran. However, on several occassions we had four boats all running on the same lap at the end of a three minute enduro. We also had one boat running and four DNFed after only a minute of racing!!!

JD

True. Give everybody the same exact ride and have boats all over the course! I think the best bet is keep it affordable. $99.00 vs. $350.00. I think you are on the right track Jerry. ;)

Back