sport 20

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess i would just like to have the guy that makes them send one to impba but i have emailed him 3 times and p.m'ed him 4 and won't respond to me.. figure's.

i would like to have this class continue to grow but there is a limited number of boats you can buy.. why not try to broden the selection..

guess that would be to obvious.

chris
Lets see there is only Steve Mucks,Brian Blazers, Bandits, Deans Extreme, Dumas, Mark Bullard, Bob Tuttle, and my Phil Thomas SSP21. PIck one and build it :lol:

You best start with the Dumas and work your way up :lol:

I guess i would just like to have the guy that makes them send one to impba but i have emailed him 3 times and p.m'ed him 4 and won't respond to me.. figure's.

i would like to have this class continue to grow but there is a limited number of boats you can buy.. why not try to broden the selection..

chris
Lets see there is only Steve Mucks,Brian Blazers, Bandits, Deans Extreme, Dumas, Mark Bullard, Bob Tuttle, and my Phil Thomas SSP21. PIck one and build it :lol:
Adding to the list, there's one from Aeromarine and the Aquacraft Miss Vegas can be converted to a .21. I believe there is also at least one plan from RCBM that can be built as a sport 20. I guess it's more "obvious" to change the rules, and potentially obsolete all these boats, than choose one that fits the existing rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

chris

lol.. like i said i know the one i want.. phil you scared to get beat??? lol

I can't beleave that someone is going to have IMPBA to change the rules agian.It was hard to get the rules change in the sport 20 class to put the strut on the rear and this makes it so nice. I just built a Phil Thomas sport 40 and putting the strut under the boat is a pain the the ass.That"s the rule that needs to be change.Make it like the real boats.

Dave Roach

i agree with ya dave.. that is what has kinda kept me from a sport 40.. strut behind the boat makes set up and tuning alot easier.. and has some benifits..

chris

chris

Ira Cotten//// makes a Sport twenty :D

chris

Ira Cotten//// makes a Sport twenty :D

do you or anyone have a pic i could look at

thanks,

chris

i agree with ya dave.. that is what has kinda kept me from a sport 40...
Forgive me for saying this, but that's about the lamest excuse I've ever heard. :angry: As was said in one of the many other threads talking about strut location, if mounting the strut through the hull causes difficulty for you, you're going to have lots of other difficulties running this class. It's just not as hard as some people let on, and if it really does offer benefits then changing the rules will penalize all those who are already running the class.

i agree with ya dave.. that is what has kinda kept me from a sport 40...
Forgive me for saying this, but that's about the lamest excuse I've ever heard. :angry: As was said in one of the many other threads talking about strut location, if mounting the strut through the hull causes difficulty for you, you're going to have lots of other difficulties running this class. It's just not as hard as some people let on, and if it really does offer benefits then changing the rules will penalize all those who are already running the class.

where did i ever say that i would have a hard time making the strut work going throught the bottom.. man people.. all i said was i agree with dave.. trust me i think i can handle it. and the set up benifits to running the strut on the back are huge.. but what do i know.

as for building one from scratch... i have to build 10 hydro kits this winter and time is a issue.. that is why i was interested in one sertin boat..

let the thread die i will figure it out

chris

I wasn't trying to start an argument or imply that you couldn't handle it. The issue is that strut location comes up in way too many threads. The strut location is set in the sport classes. Constantly harping on it or making it seem like setting up the strut on sport 40s is difficult isn't good for the class or racing. Mentioning it so often blows the issue out of proportion. I wonder how many people are put off a class, or organized racing, due to these disagreements? These rules are what they are and there's lots of room for fun with the existing sport hydro rules. My sport 40 is my favorite boat (thanks Phil!). Can't we just leave these rules alone, unless they are really broken, and work on rules that really need changing? Anyway, it seems like it's time for this thread to die, peace...

Can't we just leave these rules alone, unless they are really broken, and work on rules that really need changing? Anyway, it seems like it's time for this thread to die, peace...

Yea how about removing the lame rule no twin engines in the sport 40 or 20 class.

In the 7 liter class in which is in some way what the sport 40 is based off of there was a true and running twin engine boat for this class.

So I say lets politic on allowing those of us who engineer and come up with a hull design to allow a twin engine setup to allow it.

From attending the last 2 races thus far I have heard of supporters on why not allow such a boat to run seems no one but one person had a problem in this design and setup.

I will for one reintroduce the rule proposal and change to allow it and hope to have other supporters on te subject as well.

James

Chris,

The IMPBA rulebook shows an illustration of a sport hull. Along with that illustration it states that transom cut outs are illegal. The hull discussed here has two cut outs (one on each side of the hull) that extend forward, beyond the rear of the sponsons. Therefore, it should be illegal.
Oh My God... I thought Ferrette Killed this one already! FYI, boat is no longer available. Something new and not controversial. I may sell you guys boats, maybe.

Bob Tuttle

Chris,

The IMPBA rulebook shows an illustration of a sport hull. Along with that illustration it states that transom cut outs are illegal. The hull discussed here has two cut outs (one on each side of the hull) that extend forward, beyond the rear of the sponsons. Therefore, it should be illegal.
Oh My God... I thought Ferrette Killed this one already! FYI, boat is no longer available. Something new and not controversial. I may sell you guys boats, maybe.

Bob Tuttle

Back