Speed Week II

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sunday results...Mitch Atwell Jr bettered his B sport tunnel SAW time and 2 lap time. The SAW speed was just over 47 mph and I don't remember his oval time. He was running a Lynx with an OS Max.

The only other record set was David Showers Jr's F mono. Like I said yesterday, the boat is incredible! It is their new heat racing boat and it was set up just like they race it. Talking to David Sr they did not bring this boat to run for records, but after they saw how well it ran they started working towards the record. I think the old record was 22.199 and they ran 21.850.

All in all this was the most enjoyable record trial I have ever been to..it is not often you get 7 days of 24 hours per day of sunny skies, cool temps and calm wind. Over the week we had about 10 or 12 guys that ran which gave everybody plenty of chances.

Well, I am tired and have to get ready for the 978.5 mile drive back to Texas tomorrow so I will try to give a complete rundown of the action in a few days.

Glenn

CONGRATULATIONS TO DAVID SCHOWERS SR & JR ON THE F MONO RECORD. THOSE MICROBURST GUYS ALWAYS WORK EXTREMELY HARD.. B)

I want to commend David Showers on his new record. I watched them run this boat and IT IS A BONE STOCK HEAT RACE MICROBURST. To run record speeds with a truly off the shelf boat is AWESOME!!! Great job microburst boats!!!

Eric Canto

Eric Canto said:
I want to commend David Showers on his new record.  I watched them run this boat and IT IS A BONE STOCK HEAT RACE MICROBURST.  To run record speeds with a truly off the shelf boat is AWESOME!!!  Great job microburst boats!!!
Eric Canto

79504[/snapback]

Don't forget the "bone stock" 88mph F Seaducer.

Bone Stock Seaducer ?? I have seen Jerry & Ocsar run some extremely light lay up boats Built for Speed Trail runs....... Some you could read the news paper thru. How about a 1.0 lb 20 Hull?? These type boat Hulls are issued by Jerry Only... I`am sure he will be back On His Game Soon. Now that the F record has came down....Same as the hydro guys running 60-80 engines in a 40 Hulls. It is Nice to know what combo that they all used to arrive @ the Speed. I dont think you are going to seee one of CMDI`s Stk (full size) Mac 84 Boats go 125.0 mph.. Seems the ABC Constant pitch props have an advantage too. I race SEADUCER Hulls ONLY..... But the Microburst Guys have Done their Homework..... Pass them the Cigar for now..... ;)

Not trying to take anything from Microburst at all. GREAT RUN!

But the F Seaducer was "off the shelf". Kentley originally got it for heat racing. He saw it was fast. Jerry came to one of our SAW events and Kentley brought the boat to see if it could be made better. Jerry made a few strut/prop adjustments and got a real twinkle in his eye. The rest is history. Jerry even commented that he might have to go back to stock boats.

PIC

You're right about Oscar. All of his stock is on Wall Street. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Preston is correct on that on. Kently's boat is a black with white splaterr that Jerry use in Atlanta in the spring before the saw trials. And it was the same boat that I ran second to in the August race in Va. Boat is a stock lay hull that weighs 4lb 12oz. with Kently's heat race motor. I think the only thing that was saw type stuff was the fuel.

You also right JW they earned the cigar. And like with the 49 td's, Records stand.

But they to will fall.

When I spoke to David Showers Sr. last night he said that they showed up with a light lay up 40" boat, but they could not keep it on the water so they put the motor back in David Jr.'s 45" heat race hull.

Later,

Lamar

Was that a new 45" boat, or is it the same 90 boat that has been out for a couple years?

Hello everyone, I hope that you all had a pleasant holiday. If you missed this years SPEEDWEEK, I am truly sorry. We had a blast, and I'm sure that everyone who attended would say the same. Glenn and I work hard to make sure that our time trials are fun and relaxing, and it seems to be a winning combination.

About the Showers' F boat...I'm not sure how old the hull was, but it was a standard production boat, but that is not the point I wanted to make. The bottom line is that they worked their butts off for that record. I've never seen anyone work more diligintly. They spent five days in the trailer making countless changes trying to get a few hundredths of a second faster. Run after run they threw the boat out, realized that it just wasn't there, and put it back on the bench. They threw the boat in the water at least 60 or 70 times. It was no doubt a team effort. In my opinion, David Sr. is an excellent tech, Jr. can drive a mono like nobody's business, and Holly is the worlds best pit mom. I was absolutely impressed.

Congratulations to team showers, they very much earned the record.

Jason, that was a very well thought out, lucid, and eloquent post! Very nice.

Especially considering you are from Georgia!! LOL :p

Just kidding around

Eric

Yall should see my nover-rowsi run, it squeals like a greezy hawg, and boy is it f,f,f,f,f,faist....derrr.

So, Mr. Canto, if I'm SUCH a one tooth havin', gun totin', web-footed, backer chewin', sister-marryin', cousin lovin', catfish noodlin' hillbilly, how many times can YOU splice cat 5?

That's funny, I don't care who you are.

BTW, good show at SW II. We appreciate the support. It takes a special breed to push one that hard. I feel like that last pass was approaching the margin of stupid fast (but you're still 1100mph off the mark). At least you're closer than you were.

JOB

ROFLMAO...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's good Jason....I like that one. That could only come from a true South Goergia Hick........you know what they say...."takes one to know one"..... :lol:

Too Funny!!!! ;)

Sorry I missed being there.

It's funny you should ask. I just got back from a clients home and he wanted to know that exact thing. This is the first time in fourteen years a client has asked about splicing CAT 5e! When do I get to see the SUPER BANNANA run? How did your new .20 mono run?

The mono runs good with one exception. If you remember...we checked the head clearance on my Nova and it was at .014, and had never worked a day in its life. It's at .006 or .007 now and is an RPM slinging demon motor from the firey pit of hell...which is my problem. I'm over-reving the prop, you see. So I'm turning like 72K and going about 3 mph. It was too dark to see the numbers on the prop, so I'll do that today. Maybe it needs some cup, but it's not my prop to cup. I've got a trolling motor prop thats about 6" in diameter with a .5" pitch..will that work?

Okay, so here's the deal with cat 5e. One, it's virtually obsolete. Cat 6 is the latest and greatest thing, but nobody needs it in their house. That'd be like using the space shuttle for a cropduster. Two, all of the performance specs are based on worst case scenario or maximun network traffic. What I'm getting at is this; unless the guy has an IBM server tied to a $250k cisco router, you could splice it a hundred times with duct tape and framing nails, and he'd never no the difference. If you need some serious technical advice about a particular situation, call me.

JOB

Back