Speed Week II

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn Quarles

Supporting Member
Friends, you only have 3 more weeks to get ready for Speed Week II! The turn-out looks promising with Mike Bontoft and his 110 mph gas boat, Team Rum Runner and some of their smaller, but still fast (80 – 90 mph) electric boats, Jay Boyd coming down from the cold north (Canada eh) with some of his very nice electric boats, a very good batch of tunnel hull guys, Eric Canto with a awesome twin rigger trying to beat Andy’s 114.4 mph speed for the fastest twin in the world, and of course Andy and John with “something that will give the electric boys something to work for”. This is just the part of the group that I have confirmed…there are several other VERY good boaters that have said they will be there.

As you can tell, I am having a BLAST getting ready for this whole Speed Week thing and am really looking forward to seeing old friends, making new friends, running fast boats (I hope!), watching fast boats (I KNOW) and telling tall tails about how fast the boats are during testing. :D

Even if you don’t have anything to run, stop on by for a day or so just to hang out, watch, visit and tell us how fast your boats are. Jason and I would love to have you as our guest!

If you are planning on running, please send Jason O’Brien ([email protected]) or myself a message or give us a call so we can plan on who, what, when and where we need to be ready for.

You folks have a GREAT Holiday Season, and I will talk with you soon or see you on the 27th.

Glenn

unfortunately my $$$ and time wont permit me to go..... but please take like 1000 pictures and videos for us!

Glenn Quarles said:
Brian Blazer said:
Man, wish I could be there!
Next year hopefully.

76233[/snapback]

Yeah, Brian I was hoping you would make it! We'll count on you for next year.

Glenn

76286[/snapback]

I will have a few boats for SAW

Sport40

Sport Hydro

Sport21

C'Box

Rigger

SAW is definately a great experience. For those who have never been to a SAW event, you are missing out. I had a great time and got the bug!

Thanks for all of your efforts.

Brian

Brian, Speed Week is a 7 day long record trial held in Valdosta Ga. In the past it has been SAW only, but this year we are also running 1/3 mile ovals. There are no flyers, but the general information is in the Record Trial section of the Roostertail schedule. If you are interested in record trials we would like to see you there!

Glenn

Glenn,

What happened to your idea of holding a SAW event in the San Antonio/New Braunsfels area in Texas?

David

dwb2620 said:
Glenn,What happened to your idea of holding a SAW event in the San Antonio/New Braunsfels area in Texas?

David

76579[/snapback]

David, I'm still thinking about it. Right now I don't have a good feel if it would be worth the $$$ to have the lake surveyed for the turn out I'd get. The folks at the ski ranch still want us to put something on, but we haven't worked out the details. I will be sure to post info here as it starts to happen! Speed Week West?

Glenn

Glenn Quarles said:
dwb2620 said:
Glenn,What happened to your idea of holding a SAW event in the San Antonio/New Braunsfels area in Texas?

David

76579[/snapback]

David, I'm still thinking about it. Right now I don't have a good feel if it would be worth the $$$ to have the lake surveyed for the turn out I'd get. The folks at the ski ranch still want us to put something on, but we haven't worked out the details. I will be sure to post info here as it starts to happen! Speed Week West?

Glenn

76652[/snapback]

Glen, I plan on comming with my gas Sport Hydro Canard to run oval trial. Noel said she had my check for 05 but I have not recieved my cardyet . I have my 04 card. Will I be legal in Sport Hydro under the 05 year trial rule?

Dale0 said:
Hows it going Glenn? What are you going to run?
:ph34r:   :ph34r:   :ph34r:

76679[/snapback]

Dale, it's going good...you know the whole getting ready for Christmas thing. PLUS the added bonus of getting ready for a week long record trial! Ross and I are going to be running the .12 SAW boat and even though I haven't had any time to test the .21 boat I will play with it some.

I sure wish you were coming with me! I got the new boom tubes in the .65 hydro. I hope to find out about the motor I was running in it when I see Andy.

Hap, it will be good to see you again. Do you know what days you will be there? Give Jason a call at (229) 292-2221 if you can.

Talk to ya later,

Glenn

Glen do you have any directions from I 75 in Valdosta to find the lake?

Precision Boats said:
Ron
It's on the interstate can't miss it.

78494[/snapback]

Thanks Tim, I have the exit number as Exit 13 on the south side of Valdosta and the lake is on the west side of the interstate.

Sound about right?

Ron

I tried calling Ron and Carl but its seems as though eiter of their cell phones are getting reception. I was going to go up but work is keeping me busy this week.

Ron

Friends, no records have been set YET...but the last two days have been spectacular! The weather conditions are PERFECT! Most of the crowd hasn't shown up yet so the few of us here are getting lots of running time. Ross and I are playing with the .12 boat. We have made several passes right at the record and have more tinkering to do. Mike Whitley is here and has been playing with his .12, .21 and new 45 monos. Ron Drake and Carl Van Houton are here and have been working with their 21 tunnel oval boat. It looks really good to me, but they don't seen happy with it yet...I expect when they get it like they want it, it will be WAY fast. I have heard more folks will be showing up tomorrow.

We are having a GREAT time with lots of good food being cooked by Jason, Jay and Ron.

I'll try to post more results tomorrow...this time with some new records I hope!

Glenn

Back