SOWGA GRAND PRIX III

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishhead

SOWEGA Model Boaters [/b hosted the last District 13 race of this year and what a beautiful weekend for racing.

We had 116 boats signed up.

65 gas, 36 electrics and 15 nitros.

The Rsults are as follows:

Sport B Tunnel

1-Ricky Bearden

2-Michael Betancourt

3- Ernesto Armador

B-Tunnel

1-Ricky Bearden

2-Ernesto Armador

3-Michael Betancourt

D Tunnel

1-Michael Betancourt

2-Norman Morton

3-Tony Atwell

Open Tunnel

1-Mitch Atwell

2-Jeff Garner

3-Tony Atwell

Gas Tunnel

1-Mitch Atwell

2-Norman Morton

3-Tony Atwell/Ricky Bearden

23-30 LSG Cat

1-Larmar Huff

2-Matt Gunn

3-Doug Smock

23-30 LSG Mono

1-Robbie Vaughn

2-Steve Pinter

3-Mike Whitley

LSG Sport Hydro

1-Lamar Huff

2-Louis Bentley

3-Tad McWhorter

Open Mono

1-Lamar Huff

2-Robbie Vaughn

3-Ken Haynes

Open Hydro

1-Tad McWhorter

2-Mike Whitley

3-Ken Haynes

Crackerbox

1-Lamar Huff

2-Norman Morton

3-Dan Warrick

Open Offshore

1-Matt Gunn

2-Mike Martin

3-Brent Poon Kwon

23-30 Rigger

1-Lamar Huff

2-Evan Young

3-Mike Sirmons

Classic Thunderboat

1-Dan Warrick

2-Matt Gunn

3-Norman Morton

FE P Mono

1-Ken Haynes

2-Mike Martin

3-Jason Sims

FE Limited Sport Hydro

1-Jason Sims

2-Doug Smock

3-Mike Martin

FE N2 Mono

1-Ken Haynes

2-Jason Sims

3-Doug Smock

FE Outboard Tunnel

1-Doug Smock

2-Paul Rollins

3-Jason Sims

This race was a little different, not seeing Herb Stewert already there Friday Morning was a little hard to swallow.

Herb was a gerat supporter of District 13 and our Grand Prix Series.

But we had a great weather, great racing and a lot of fun.

The District 13 Champions were crowned for 2009 and how great was it that Herb's last championship is being our 2009 FE OUTBOARD TUNNEL CHAMPION.

Mark Garner, Herb's son raced with Herbs Boats and had a great tribute set up in his memory.

Jeff was also presented with the ten world record certificates that Herb had won.

Thanks, Herb District 13 will miss you.

Thanks also goes to all that helped make this race such a succsess.

Thanks Norma English for score keeping and Rick English for his hard work getting everything ready.

Thanks to Wendy Morton for helping out on the CD Stand.

Thanks Lois Bentley Always there to help.

Well the year is over and we will do it again starting in February at our pond in Sycamore, Ga.

If you haven't raced in a Grand Prix Race, TRY IT, YOU'LL LOVE IT.

Thanks,

See ya at the pond.

Ricky Bearden

President

SOWEGA Model Boaters.

Hey Ricky,

Looks like a great turnout. Many of us here in FL would have attended, but we were preparing for the D3 hi points race this weekend to close out our season too. Next year we will be there, you put on one of the most fun times we have ever had.

Good to see Wendy still lets Norman come back, especially after what we did to him in '06. :D :D :D

Were the Atwell boys taken back into custody, or are they "AT LARGE". :lol:

You are so correct, there is a sadness in the loss of our friend, but ALL who was blessed by Herb Stewart's presence will keep him near and dear to our hearts.

See Y'all soon............

Randy

Hey Ricky,

Looks like a great turnout. Many of us here in FL would have attended, but we were preparing for the D3 hi points race this weekend to close out our season too. Next year we will be there, you put on one of the most fun times we have ever had.

Good to see Wendy still lets Norman come back, especially after what we did to him in '06. :D :D :D

Were the Atwell boys taken back into custody, or are they "AT LARGE". :lol:

You are so correct, there is a sadness in the loss of our friend, but ALL who was blessed by Herb Stewart's presence will keep him near and dear to our hearts.

See Y'all soon............

Randy

Randy,

Norman knows who the boss is and when wendy in on the CD Stand she geys nothing but RESPECT.

Love to death, she saved me this weekend.

ATWELLS................

They are still at large.

We are thinking about making them show a PASSPORT to get back into Georgia in February.

Great guys, love em like brothers.

Ricky B.

The Atwell's tell me that 1/8th scale & Sport-40 Hydro usually make as classes, is this usually the case?

I am new up here in Georgia and would like to attend the Grand Prix series starting next year, could you tell me if they do usually make, or am I going to have to look at some different classes?

Any info is greatly appreciated

Rick B

Ricky B.

The Atwell's tell me that 1/8th scale & Sport-40 Hydro usually make as classes, is this usually the case?

I am new up here in Georgia and would like to attend the Grand Prix series starting next year, could you tell me if they do usually make, or am I going to have to look at some different classes?

Rick B

Rick B.

The scale and sport 40 calsses usally make 2 of the four races.

For the race this past weekend, from emails there should have been 5 or 6 in each class from new people who inquired.

But only two was eantered and we needed three to make the class.

I think Starting next Feb. if all goes as the new interest has shown the classes will run.

Hope to see you at the pond.

Ricky B.

Ricky B.

Rick B

Rick B.

For the race this past weekend, from emails there should have been 5 or 6 in each class from new people who inquired.

I think Starting next Feb. if all goes as the new interest has shown the classes will run.

Ricky B.
Looking forward to it.

Other than Mitch & TonI who else has scales & sport-40's that has showed an interest?

Ricky B.

Rick B

Rick B.

Ricky B.
Looking forward to it.

Other than Mitch & TonI who else has scales & sport-40's that has showed an interest?

Rick B.

Others that have shown interest is Dave Berry and Ed Jones.

The others that are usally there is TR Roberts and Randy Mcarty.

See Ya.

Ricky B.

Many thanks to the SOWEGA club for putting on three GREAT races this year!

Thanks also to HUFFRACING for the killer engine that put me on the podium all season.

I wish I could blame you for not being #1. LOL

Louis, Norman, Lamar, and Don Huff, thanks for the tips, tricks, and countless hrs. practicing on the Atlanta pond!!!

" 36 of those dang Fast Electric boats"LOL Whoo Hoo!!

Congrats to all who raced this series!!

Looking forward to the 2010 season!!

Thanks again!!

Doug

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back