Slayer S1

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gene,

You will know when you cut too much tongue off the propeller,it will just

spin and go nowhere. You can then try to cup it a little more,but usually

the propeller will be JUNK. On the X-series props you can take off quite a bit

of the tongue without any problems at all. The best way to learn is just

do it,and test it.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Props-4-U

Hey Mark,

Yeah, In this case I didnt have another 1440 to compair it to till Ricks got here.

Must of had the tongues cut before it got to me, I did not touch that part.

Its all a learning curve till ya get used to the charateristics of the different series props fer sure,

Gene :D

If ya check Marty's chart I might be ok, its not as rad as the illustration, but ya never know till ya run it some ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsons are here for the test boat, Got ta think a little bout the ride pads and I'll get this pup started!!!! ;)

Hey Mike P, Man you were not kiddin, These are LITE!!!!!

Edges are sharp and crisp,

Tom, You may need to think about another level past "World Racer". Maybe something like "Puter Potato". :D :D

Who me ? :p :lol:

Actually this will wrap it up for the test boat, just doin some experiments with the bottoms.

Next set of pics will be when I get the Slayer done, This is comming into my busy season and what free time I have, Gonna spend it at the pond!!!! ;)

Sooooo Stay Tuned!!!

KEWL Bill!!!!

Looks like a screamer ta me ;)

April 6th UPDATE:

Got a full weekend of testing and the Slayer is haulin!!!!

I am callin it good and not changin the cowl,

Gonna do up the graphics and got one more pipe ta try and its back to prop testing.

MUHA!!!!!! Wont be long now............. Hull graphic:

Graphic's are in the works........ Pics to follow ;)

One of the cowl graphic:

Cleaned up from this mornings run and dry'n in tha sun :D

This "IS NOT" yer average Villain!!!!!

Changes are suttle but very effective, final shot's with graphics before too long,

Chris

I must say that is one of the nicest looking Villains I have seen.. the red accent stripe is killer..for me its always an odd number of colors.. 3 or 5…if you do evens..2 4 6.. looks to box art…

BTY..RWB are some of my favorite three colors..

Grim

Yea I kinda like red too, 57 Chebby anyone ?

MUHA!

Hey Mikie started it with tha cars!!!!! :p :lol:

Okay you guys, I'm into the red white and blue as well, but unfortunately red is not on the boat. The two colors are, technically, competition blue and hugger orange. The hugger orange was used on, at minimum, '68 Camaro. In my neck of the woods it's very close to "Caltrans Orange".

The boat ran great straight out. I went a little different route with the CG after looking at the boat, deck lift, and the use of downforce elements on the nose. I about hit the setup dead on. It was a little loose, so I made a .5 degree negative trim adjustment. That was closer. I added a little more weight (2oz) placing it on top of the radio box and bingo. Hangs nice (as you can see), turns great, and does so without the stumble blocks.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Slideblues said:
Yea I kinda like red too, 57 Chebby anyone ?MUHA!

Hey Mikie started it with tha cars!!!!! :p :lol:
awesome picture Gene, was that Rob Vandergriff from back in the day?

Hey James,

Your close, Rob ran Pro Mod, the red 57 is the Prospector from Mageau family racing,

Blown Alcohol Funny, Jay Mageau drivin and Bob crew chief,

Here is the last pic I have of Rob's car:

yep, thats the one.... I remember the testors model I had of his Promod Soff Seal car. cool deal.

~ James

Chris Wittrig said:
Okay you guys, I'm into the red white and blue as well, but unfortunately red is not on the boat. The two colors are, technically, competition blue and hugger orange. The hugger orange was used on, at minimum, '68 Camaro. In my neck of the woods it's very close to "Caltrans Orange".
The boat ran great straight out. I went a little different route with the CG after looking at the boat, deck lift, and the use of downforce elements on the nose. I about hit the setup dead on. It was a little loose, so I made a .5 degree negative trim adjustment. That was closer. I added a little more weight (2oz) placing it on top of the radio box and bingo. Hangs nice (as you can see), turns great, and does so without the stumble blocks.

I love it when a plan comes together.
Chris

I got home, opend the pics and said ooooo crap.. its orange

But not on this POS gateway turd..its red on here... :D .. Man i need a new monitor here at the day job.

I will have to toss a bone to the IS department..

Looks great

Grim

Yep, the laptop got it right, the home PC was red, reset the color to True Color 24 Bit and it went orange :lol:

Graphics Update:

Well the print shop wanted a stupid amount to do the gradient fades,

So went to the local Auto Zone and picked up some NOS system's and

Velocity Racing graphics, Pic's to follow soon,

Latest posts

Back