single 90 rigger. 91rs 101rs or 91vac

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joseph puglia

Any opinion on best motor for a single 90 rigger. 91rs, 101 or vac 91. Any suggestions for good torque moded or stock.

All three are great for single engine boats!

The VAC.91 is the most user friendly of the three.

But some say there is no replacement for displacement!

If you want to enjoy running your boat and are not hell bent on going as fast as you can.

Get a VAC91 it has plenty of power out of the box with gust a clean up inside.

If you want to enjoy running your boat and are not hell bent on going as fast as you can.

Get a VAC91 it has plenty of power out of the box with gust a clean up inside.
does the .550 bore carb help dave?
Maybe Mike Costanzo can chim in I did a eng for him with the HR barrle swap.

I went right to the 1.05 with the one I am runnung now in testing.

1.01. build a boat big enough to handle f-hydro twins. Not all events have single engine f-class. Turn larger diameter props and stay hooked up. As the race progresses the water gets rougher and one needs the boat and motor to handle the water conditions. Ran one last year and a new boat 1.01 this year. for this year.

1.01. build a boat big enough to handle f-hydro twins. Not all events have single engine f-class. Turn larger diameter props and stay hooked up. As the race progresses the water gets rougher and one needs the boat and motor to handle the water conditions. Ran one last year and a new boat 1.01 this year. for this year.
Yeah thanks I agree that's what I have now with a 101, just wanted some opinions weather the vac is better or worth the change, But it seems not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any updates on the new OPS Bi-metal .90? Price is right, but not sure about the performance.....

Any updates on the new OPS Bi-metal .90? Price is right, but not sure about the performance.....
67/80 case/crank with an alumnum rod and 1 1/4 piston diameter,i was told.make your own conclusions
The "1.20" has the 1.25 piston in it making it a 1.11 the 90 has a little smaller piston.

But both are a 67/80 case,crank and small Al rod.

Like Steve said make your own conclusions.

David

Back