• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

F/S - pair of CMB 90 motors with spare parts - SOLD

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Fitzgerald

Hello All,

RC boating has been on the back burner for me for a long time. Now considering running again and I find out there is really no nitro boat racing here in the DFW area. I'm selling motors and boats to make room and funds for others. More listings to come...

This is for a pair of of CMB 90 motors in excellent condition. No 1 was the primary motor in my mono and has two light seasons of runs on it. No 2 was the backup and has virtually no run time. Both also have custom annular venturi carburetors made by my good friend Charles Williams. They are the best idling and accelerating carbs I have ever run. No knocked plugs or needle control issues at all.

Both motors stored well and are in the same pristine condition as when put away.

Also included are three new pistons/cylinders, one new, uncut piston (machine and hone down to your cylinder), the original carb parts, a single plug head, and a few misc items shown. There is also one purple anodized motor mount set, two headers, and four tuned pipes. Please see the pictures for details.

$1000 USD for the lot, shipping included to the lower 48. - SOLD

I may be slow to respond because of work responsibilities. Please be patient with me.

Thanks for looking!
Dave Fitzgerald

Attachments

• 1_CMB90_side.JPG
    1_CMB90_side.JPG
    369.7 KB · Views: 345
  • 2_CMB90_No1.JPG
    2_CMB90_No1.JPG
    401.3 KB · Views: 346
  • 3_CMB90_Button1.JPG
    3_CMB90_Button1.JPG
    329.7 KB · Views: 318
  • 4_CMB90_No2.JPG
    4_CMB90_No2.JPG
    376.8 KB · Views: 326
  • 5_CMB90_Button2.JPG
    5_CMB90_Button2.JPG
    316.6 KB · Views: 322
  • 6_CMB90_venturi carb.JPG
    6_CMB90_venturi carb.JPG
    367.2 KB · Views: 346
  • 7_CMB90_New P_S.JPG
    7_CMB90_New P_S.JPG
    394.8 KB · Views: 359
  • 8__CMB90_all.JPG
    8__CMB90_all.JPG
    389.6 KB · Views: 386
  • 9_CMB90_exhaust.JPG
    9_CMB90_exhaust.JPG
    358.2 KB · Views: 376
Last edited by a moderator:
Would you be interested in selling the pipe with the black strap around the stinger separately? Let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Hi Dave,

I'd rather give it some time to see if someone will take everything as a lot before splitting it up. Time is a real challenge for me. Managing and shipping piece by piece would be problematic right now... You're first on the list for that pipe if I split it up.

BTW - that is a mack airplane pipe (if I remember correctly) that I cut up and modded. The one in front of it has the band fully removed, built from the same pipe. Both ran very well with these motors.

Dave

I would be interested in one price for all engines (90's and 21's) if you'd entertain that idea.
I would be interested in one price for all engines (90's and 21's) if you'd entertain that idea.

David, I will take the 90 package at the asking price. You will not have to ship them I can pick them up.

Thanks,

Ronnie King
NAMBA #1223

Hi Ronnie,

I saw this yesterday but did not have a chance to respond. Thank you for the full price offer! Because of some confusion on my part I re-read the For Sale forum rules again this morning. Based on the forum rules, I am not quite sure how to proceed fairly...

For Sale forum rule #5- "If there is any offers or deals pending between a potential buyer and seller any other interested individuals need to allow a reasonable time for a response to said deal/offer (at least 24 hours). Keep in mind these are offers or deals within the scope of original for sale post." (emphasis in the original rules post)

Tom's stated interest in both lots I currently have for sale here was prior to yours, though not yet an official dollar amount offer, but it also extended beyond the scope of this one lot to a second lot as well. You posted 5 hours later. Seems several streams crossed all at once and left me in a bit of a middle ground quagmire involving a full price offer... weird place to be - hence, my delimma. :(

I believe in fairness we should let Tom take the lot if he wants it. Tom can make an offer separately on the other lot to remove the "scope" question confusion.

Tom,
Unless a moderator steps in and corrects my understanding of the rules, the ball is in your court. In fairness to Ronnie, please make your reply here within 24 hours.

Ronnie,
Your offer stands if he does not want or chooses not to take this lot. I am grateful for the full price offer.

Thank you both and my apologies for the confusion.
Best regards,
Dave

David,

Not to be a pain but I think we should let a moderator decide.

His post indicated that he would be interested in both lots and was trying to think of a number?

To me at least that indicates he was going to make an offer at other than your asking price.

Thanks,

Ronnie King
NAMBA #1223

Interested and I'll take it are 2 different things. Interest was expressed but no offer, the person who said I'll take entire package as originally listed should be entitled to it. And BTW- THANK YOU to all for being civil about it.

Hi Ronnie,

I just got back to a screen to reply. I absolutely agree and am glad Don was able to help us out there. The 90 lot is yours! I’ll be in touch with my contact information separately.

Hi Don,
Thank you for the clarity on this!

Best regards,
Dave

Alright fellow boaters,

How do I change the title of this thread here to reflect the status by adding "(sold)" to it? I see several other threads here with the titles changed this way.

Thanks,
Dave

Back