Silent engines

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrBaddgass

I just recieved a phone call from Rose Wiechard informing me that Chuck has passed. Chuck had a massive stroke sometimes saturday night and passed on tuesday. I will update when I get more details

Sad day. Enough good can not be said about Chuck.....words do not express.

Peace be with Rose.

Chuck was one of my VERY FAVORITE people in this hobby. A superb craftsman and just an awesome guy.

I saw Chuck at the Charleston Race last year and it was great to see him. Always had something cool to show off.

We will miss this fine gentleman greatly.....

Marty

I just recieved a phone call from Rose Wiechard informing me that Chuck has passed. Chuck had a massive stroke sometimes saturday night and passed on tuesday. I will update when I get more details
I met Chuck for what turned out to be the second time in Huntsville, I think in 2006. We started talking and figured out that we had met previously in Los Angeles at Legg Lake in about 1980.

He was a very innovative, dedicated boater and a really nice guy.

Charles

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sorry to hear about Chuck's passing. I always looked forward to seeing him and talking about the old controline speed days. We knew a lot of the same people from back then and some of the stories we shared with each other would make both of us smile with fond memories. He was an excellent craftsman which was evident by just looking at any of his boats. He always had a bag full of innovative ideas which some would show up on his boats and he was happy to show them off to you. He had a smile for everybody...............I can see him smiling now. It is tough getting older and seeing your friends passing away. Rest in peace, my friend.

Dick Tyndall

This is soo sad to hear. I got to know Chuck over the last few years and he was a truely gifted man. This is very upsetting news.

:(

Buckshot

I am sorry to hear this. He used to come to our races in Knoxville back in the 80's. He would share his ideas with anyone and was a great competitor. My sympathy goes out to his family.

Only got to meet him twice, Fall Nats '09 and again this year. Always had a smile and very pleasant to talk with.

Godspeed.

Randy

Chuck was one of my VERY FAVORITE people in this hobby. A superb craftsman and just an awesome guy.

I saw Chuck at the Charleston Race last year and it was great to see him. Always had something cool to show off.

We will miss this fine gentleman greatly.....

Marty
No kidding .....what a nice guy ..very sad news:(

Chuck was a thinker and a doer.... first he would present himself with a challenge and then come up with some pretty wild solutions.

Great all around guy, always had conversation about anything... not just boats.

I think his time on Earth will be remembered by many.

Ron & Cheryl Van Wagnen

I will truely miss Chuck. I always enjoyed ttalking with him. He had an incredible amount of technical knowledge and could build just about anything. Chuck was also an incredible sax player and muscian. I always enjoyed talking about music with him. He would play for many top entertainers when they came to Atlanta if they needed a sax. One year when the Internats was in Atlanta , Chuck played his sax at the banquet and it was great. We will miss Chuck. Doc

hi, just got the news from Buck,truly sad news for all who new him.great guy, meet him a few years ago and really nice person to be around. my sympathy goes out to his family and friends. rest in peace.

mike costanzo.

Services for Chuck will be Sunday Nov. 14, 2010 at 2PM. Hillside Memorial Chapel 5495 Highway 197 South Clarkesville, Ga. 30523

Not to be insensitive, but Chuck who? Please don't tell me it was Piper Chuck :huh:

YES............VERY INSENSITVE :blink: <_< Or did you NOT READ the opening post!!!! Where CLEARLY states

MR. Chuck Wiechard................RIP "Papa Chuck" " Little Chuck"

Chuck was a Serious Competitor. Many of us in the South East or Mid South have Raced with Chuck for Many Years. You got to appreciate His Need for the Big Speed in the Hydro Classes. Short pipes, Big props & Trick Carbs & his intense attention to detail were Chucks tools to GO BIG!! RIP MR. Wichard You will be greatly Missed! jw

Back