Should we allow "Guests" to post?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should we allow "Guests" to post?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TomMoorehouse

Recently we have had some people posting as guests that are not following the high friendly community spirit we like to have here at intlwaters. This is upsetting for me to see. In the past the guest posts were just done for fun or jokes. This does not seem to be the case for these recent posts. The best way to end this is to disallow poeple to post unless they are logged in.

What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Tom

:D I agree that all whom wish to be heard need to state who they are, and with a REAL NAME as should everyone on this site now. Screen names and alias's suck !!

:p Scott

Doesn't take much time to log in and since a week or so im staying logged in so .

Another point is , i can make remarks , say things etc as a guest with newbie name Andy Brown or so :) ):) :) :) :) :) could deffinately mess things up so .

Regards ,

Bart

as far as not signing in to post. well They should do it.

If you a guest, I dont think your taken serouse eather.

Member, you see the name here and there, and you know the guy needs info.

a guess i dont think will get a answer, he may but not as if he was a member.

Just my thoughts.

Tom

thats a diff topic Bill ,

i think everyone , guests or not should be able to read the info/forum , however , placing topics , replying on them , putting things for sale should only be done by members of this forum

Anyways , the question is ,

Guests may reply or not ?

Bart

The guest posting is a convenient way to post anonymously.......but if it's going to be abused, I don’t mind giving up this feature.

I guess I'll be having a Fare-well party for

Special Ed

Ben Stein

Ben Hammered

and others......... :(

I definately think that access to the site should remain open. If you feel so compelled that you want to add input. Pop your name down. I doesn't take a long time, you won't get put on a mailing list, why not? I also like the new regulation of using the Real names. I run with a lot of these guys all summer, seeing them on line should be no big deal. I know I have entered statements, and forgot to register/login. This would help me also. Could be a great way to put faces to names at a race too.

Well I will miss all my alter egos,

The Masked Marvel

Na Na Puddin

Fast O Fartamus

Luce Bowels

But if it gets outta hand, Yeah shut it down and see how it goes,

Gene :D

No 'guest posts' and members should have their real names somewhere on a post too...much more creditable...raise the bar of this site. We can still have fun using our real names.

Garrett Randall

No login, No posting. :ph34r:

If you just want to read the threads go right ahead.

Hi Guys!

I'm in agreement with most here. The site should be open for the public to view.

If someone wants to comment or participate, I don't think it's too much to ask of them to take the few minutes required to sign-up and log in. If they don't want to invest a few minutes, thier comment must not be worth much........

Bob the Fool :blink:

I have been the guest who has been posting a lot. The only reason i don't register is the register is asking to many questions like town, real name, nothing to hide, e-mail zip code, and i believe privacy should be respected and just any name be used as long as sarcasm and cussing and down grading not allowed . If this is asking to much Tom post that i'm out of order by new topic guest #5 register or get lost. I will check back in 1 hour. Thank you, i was only trying to help people out but the majority feels otherwise. ! hour!

Guest_guest

you dont have to give you entire life story.....if you dont want to put all your info...dont...or abriviate I'm sure there are people on here who feel the same way...but still register a name.....the information they ask for is common knowledge anyone going through your garbage could easily come up with..so someone wants to steel your identity...there are MUCH easier way to get that information

just my 2 cents

Guest_guest said:
I have been the guest who has been posting a lot. The only reason i don't register is the register is asking to many questions like town, real name, nothing to hide, e-mail zip code, and i believe privacy should be respected and just any name be used as long as sarcasm and cussing and down grading not allowed . If this is asking to much Tom post that i'm out of order by new topic guest #5 register or get lost. I will check back in 1 hour. Thank you, i was only trying to help people out but the majority feels otherwise. ! hour!
your simply just wrong. the only required items to register are:

1) pick a username

2) pick a password

3) give your email address

your email address is verified before you can be a member. That's it. If giving your email address reveals too much information use one of the free email accounts not associated with your isp..... like hotmail.

think you can handle that Harry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back