should i sharpen the bottom of the skeg?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric ekern

i am prepping a new o.s. o/b i picked up for dirt cheap at our local hobby shop. while i know i should sharpen the leading edge of the skeg and keep the trailing edge square, im not sure what to do with the bottom of the skeg. it comes from the factory flat. should i leave it or should i sharpen it as well? thanks

I've seen some guys allso who kept it square to lift the back end a little.......

Mine are rounded though

Eric

Are you from WI? If so how the hell are yea. If not then im a dweb..

Grimracer

yes mike. i am from la crosse. i think i raced offroad with you up at hobby master a couple times few years back. i havnt been boating in a few years and got the itch this summer. dusted off my hawk rigger one day and after a few engine mods and a test run i had to get back into it. im testing to compete in 3.5 hydro and tunnel for the sno-bowl in october. infact i ran my new outboard engine for the first time today. ran very well.....only one tennis ball retrieval. i was actually thinking about picking up one of your villian kits......hmmm, maybe a discount for fellow wisconsinite?

Eric

Welcome back. It is good to hear form some of the guy that i use to race with.. Did you ever run that red FE prop that i sent you years ago?? Hea i rememberd something...im not as old as big Bryon tells me...

Call Murrphy and say hi to him for me

I know that the Lacrosse club has been somewhat idle this last two years but we continue to support the races over there.

As for the discount for a fellow WI racer,, lets talk at the snowbowl..

Rock ON

Grim

i actually see murph a couple times a week at our new off-road track in west salem. racing is saturday nights @ 6 (racing under the lights is awesome) and practice wednesday at about the same time. the 2 big classes have been gas truck and stock truck. the track was just built about 3 months ago. turn out has been steady and growing bit by bit.

ran my tunnel again today....engines coming around and i have most of the wha, wha, wha wha, out of the hull

red fe prop? youll have to refresh my memory

Latest posts

Back