Setting up a rigger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 28441

Quick question, when setting up the front sponsons on a Zipp kit tub.can you pitch them down more in the rear to keep the front of the boat out of the water more? The boat seems to plow more so then skim the top of the water?

Post a pic of your current set up...I believe those sponsons are fixed.....the strut will be the determining factor. If you drop the strut the nose goes down if you raise the strut up the nose of the boat goes up

I just tour it apart because of trash I dint see in the lake riped the turn fin off ,I just repaired the sponson when I pulled it apart I notice the rear tube was elongated it was setup all the way up I could drop it a 1/4 inch was wondering if that would help it in the water,that pic os the only one I have together

Attachments

• 16936627698557382560425767904075.jpg
    16936627698557382560425767904075.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230815_220750.png
    20230815_220750.png
    9.1 MB · Views: 0
Take the turn fin off set the boat on a perfectly flat surface see how it sets.The turn fin can also make the sponson plow if it’s tucked under post a picture with it setup on table

If you would like, when you get it back together, I could walk you through a generic set up that should get you in the ball park. You would need the boat together minus turnfin and rudder, a flat table, ruler and a piece of .060 sheet material about 1x3 inches. I would prefer to talk you through it rather then type it.

If you would like, when you get it back together, I could walk you through a generic set up that should get you in the ball park. You would need the boat together minus turnfin and rudder, a flat table, ruler and a piece of .060 sheet material about 1x3 inches. I would prefer to talk you through it rather then type it.
Good evening Mark I should have the boat back together enough to setup the angle of attack and strut I can pm you my number .

Back