Slingshot rear shoe placement

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John its not that there's a better option or else the mfg would have changed it. trust that they have tested this thing and its sorted out. the boat runs great straight from the mfg. I totally agree with Rich...build the boat that blazer build its a fast stable boat when built right. others just have different ideas they wanna try and if they are like me its just to satisfy curiosity.
Ty Lay26

John its not that there's a better option or else the mfg would have changed it. trust that they have tested this thing and its sorted out. the boat runs great straight from the mfg. I totally agree with Rich...build the boat that blazer build its a fast stable boat when built right. others just have different ideas they wanna try and if they are like me its just to satisfy curiosity. A BIG PLUS is the support from Bob Blazer he answers questions and gets the parts out fast as you need them and builds the boat too...you would be hard pressed to find that kind of support...don't get me wrong others mfg's do it, but when you have the support it makes a world of difference.
+1 on the testing they do. This particular boat was designed by Troy Hammonds and I have had the privilege of watching both the Hammonds and the Blazers endlessly testing their respective designs at our lake. I’ll be like, jeez that thing is unbelievable, and there is always something they feel like could be improved. It’s amazing to watch. Trust me when I say, I would go racing with many of the boats they simply throw in the trash. Also trust me when I say that the boats they do release are top notch.

Are there others? Yeah. Ellison will build you a great boat among limited others out there. You have options for sure but I am partial to these.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Rich

+1 on the testing they do. This particular boat was designed by Troy Hammonds and I have had the privilege of watching both the Hammonds and the Blazers endlessly testing their respective designs at our lake. I’ll be like, jeez that thing is unbelievable, and there is always something they feel like could be improved. It’s amazing to watch. Trust me when I say, I would go racing with many of the boats they simply throw in the trash. Also trust me when I say that the boats they do release are top notch.

Are there others? Yeah. Ellison will build you a great boat among limited others out there. You have options for sure but I am partial to these.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Rich
Do you have a link to the Hammond rigger....ty Rich

Is there a better option out there?
John,
My comment was about the fact that people are always going to try to improve on what ever they build, be it large or small. The Blazer’s are one of the best in this hobby and they have my utmost respect for their accomplishments !
Is there a better option, probably not, but for me I like to try different things in my own designs! I like to see what people can do by thinking outside the box!

Just woundering why are you guys changing them different that blazer org had on the plans. I was thing about getting one of these slingshot. Not sure now since alot of ppl are changing the boat not sure why?John,
John,
I race a Blazer Slingshot and changed the front sponsons. Not because they needed it but because I wanted to try something. I don't think it runs any better with my change. The Slingshot built per plans is a consistent winner all day everyday. Not a single person has made a change that has made the Slingshot a better race boat. They made the changes to suit curiosity and maybe driving style. I race at an elevation of 5200 feet. So on a lot of boats we have to change set up for a lack of power.

John,
My comment was about the fact that people are always going to try to improve on what ever they build, be it large or small. The Blazer’s are one of the best in this hobby and they have my utmost respect for their accomplishments !
Is there a better option, probably not, but for me I like to try different things in my own designs! I like to see what people can do by thinking outside the box!
Hi Don do sell your own dezined out riggers. Ty John

John,
No I don’t. Nothing secret about them, just don’t really care to be committed to the time they take to build except for my self !

Here’s the message I received just trying to figure this out
Probably all the more reason to make them removable to try different heights and angles. Seems like the range for height of the rears is 1/8 to 1/4 then. I believe I’m somewhere around 3/16 with an angle around 1.5 degrees.

Back