Set up boards

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LH7018

I'm looking to make a set up table for my hydros. I was thinking along the lines of something that could be occasionally, but only when really necessary, taken to the pond otherwise would be for use in the home shop. I've been using the very nice Brown and Sharp 8 foot surface plate at work, and it works great obviously, but I think someone really sharp eyed would notice if it was missing. It's a bit heavy for two people to carry also. The marble coffee table in the living room has been designated a "no boat zone" by the Minister of Finance and War, so I'm rapidly running out of options. What materials are people using for durable straightness and integrity? Any ideas would be appreciated.

i built mine out of a piece of corian, from a sink cutout.it started to warp so i used some flat head screws from the top and bolted 2 pieces of 2 inch aluminum angle to the bottom, lengthwise, to straighten it up and keep it straight. it has 4 leggs to get it high enough to clear the rudders on all our boats, also cutouts for the turn fins, and rudders at the back. i have incorperated a system at the back, with a series of angle blocks, to set the strut angle in incraments of .1 degree. we couldn't live without it. you would be supprised what .1 degree will do on a 21 rigger strut angle

Thank you both, gentlemen. I'll be down at the Evansville race this weekend so if Steve or Chris don't mind I'd like to take a sneak and peek at that board if they have it with them.

And Terry.....your crew chief?.....really?

Steve

You should market a kit with your angle inserts and drawings for the rest of the board setup, minus the counter top for easier shipping. It's that good...I want one.

Larry

Back