Securing Pipe In Turbine Tube

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin Lovsund

Supporting Member
Hi guys, I have built the Dumas Circus Circus kit as the U-31 Miller High life Boat. I didn't race the boat last year so I just ran the Muck pipe right out the back of the cowl while I was tuning and fun running. I am going to race it this year and am looking for some ideas besides the Dumas suggestion for securing the stinger inside the turbine tube. What are people doing for easy assembly/dissasembly and for being able to make pipe length adjustments? Thanks .

Martin

I run the same hull as American Spirit, U-50. I have a slot cut in the bottom of the turbine exhaust that clears the pipe support bracket. The front of the turbine exhaust is notched to rest on the bulkhead at the rear of the radio box and is trapped by the cowl. The rear of the turbine exhaust has a tab that is bolted to the transom. With the cowl off, one screw gets the exhaust off and all of the model running gear is accessible. Hope this helps.

Bob Heywood

Dayton, OH

Back