Second Detroit Ulimited race in Sept.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ken,

I'm not sure what the rest of the guys think of the Fuel restrictions, you only really hear from the guys who are penalized. I keep thinking about how I'd feel if when I got to a race the CD came to me and told me I had to run 6 cells in all of my 8 cell classes.

San Diego will be an outlaw event and all of the teams will be on an even footing. I think the Turbines will still have to run at 4.3 GPM but at least they will all be the same. I think 1999 was the last year that the Unlimiteds ran unrestricted.

And you are right, when you are up front you only go fast enough to win. It's those times where the front two guys have to go wide open to win.....

Wow,

I just read the clip. Thanks for the link to it Kevin.

Sounds like somebody spoke up before they checked to see if it was ok!

This should be better all the way around.

Dick

Hey Dick

have they ever thought about control turbines or a ballot for the turbines prior to a race?

I mean a sealed component which is returned to a pool for maintenance etc - thats essentially how formula one runs now - altho the separate motor companies supply - they give their teams sealed components which are the car mechanics dont touch. It would leave the rest of the boat development open - it would have to cut costs.

Altho then we would have prop wars but maybe that isnt so bad.

BTW I dont know that restrictions etc is so bad. In sedan classes they often use different rules for different makes to equalise racing in a class. Like the USA our premier class is a sedan class. They have worked on it for several years and now we have the largest fields with closest racing we have seen.

Finally I have always wondered why the unlimiteds dont go international. If the offshores are popular in Europe I would be certain the unlimiteds and GP's on a more spectator friendly cicrcuit would be a blowout. And the sponsors over there are big - Miss Renault, Miss Fiat, Mr Bosch.

I emailed Ken Muscatell about this years ago and he said they would be keen to bring a few boats to Australia. Just greedy for some 1:1 action i guess lol

Back