International Regatta

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a member in good standing, I can only vote on what is proposed and if only a handfull vote without full understanding on what was proposed by a board of a few, then stupid rules get thru. I take my hobby of racing/building R/C boats as seriously as I did go-karts, motorcycles and full size outboard boats, It's what I do for fun, but at no point is any of it toys, this is just safer and less expensive. Toys are at Walmart type stores.

i have a stupid question. what does it matter where the bouys are at as long as the timing lights are set correctly? isn't that where the time is started/stopped? i agree with brian. if its all the same for everybody on the course whats it matter? as far as that goes( no offense mark) but why dont you put on the nats if you are that worried about it? these questions are not the start an argument, just some food for thought.

jon

I am lucky enough to do this for a living and bottom line.. They are just Toys boats.. Sure you can make it as "big boy serious" as you like but at the end of the day they are just toys..

Second.. its fun.. everybody knows what im talking about.. Remember your first boat race.. Fun right.. first big win.. fun right.. making your boat faster... fun right !!!!!... TAKING THE TIME TO ***** WITH OUT REGARD TO THE HOST CLUB... not to fun.. not to fun for me or the host club that has busted ass trying to make YOU HAPPY... yea you too... the BIG BOY RACERS...

Funny.. Efen Funny stuff.....

THIS IS OVER I WATERS and IMPBA MEMBERS.. You have my WORD on that.. This is after all a FUN forum and its held with great pride by many BUT CONTROLED BY Few... All are welcome but its still a one man shop here... Tom M has busted his balls to help you guys and because he can not read it all he has enlisted the help of others to moderate... Im one of them and...

THIS IS OVER...

Grim

Regardless of if we call them toys or not we all take this too seriously in the eyes of the general public. I wouldn't be selling digital flow meters, none of us would have radar guns & we wouldn't be pulling a trailer to the races.

With that said, the fact is that the host club made it crystal clear that they were not planning to survey the course from the beginning when it looked like nobody was going to step up everyone was OK with it. To bring it up now that they are financially committed can only be taken negatively regardless of whether you begin the thread with "I have no disrespect for the host club".

Regardless of if we call them toys or not we all take this too seriously in the eyes of the general public. I wouldn't be selling digital flow meters, none of us would have radar guns & we wouldn't be pulling a trailer to the races.
With that said, the fact is that the host club made it crystal clear that they were not planning to survey the course from the beginning when it looked like nobody was going to step up everyone was OK with it. To bring it up now that they are financially committed can only be taken negatively regardless of whether you begin the thread with "I have no disrespect for the host club".
AMEN,AMEN,AMEN Now lets all play boats.And give the members and visitors of this forum the idea its a great hobby to get into.

If this is all you have to bicth about than get a real job.

The enter nat the noise this is making me sick.

Dave

did not i see pictures where they were measuring it on the ice, driving steel posts to the bottom ending about a foot under water , so all will be in place when we race?? i would trust the accuarcy of measuring, driving posts , than bobbing around in a boat with a flag and some one yelling"drop it there, close enough" i doubt the ice was moving.

TOY BOATS / FUN (KEY WORDS HERE).

keep up the good work!! c-ya-there

end of statement/

Man, to the ones (you know who you are) doing all the complaining. Really pisses me off when you complain and degrade clubs that work their butts off to put on a huge event.

Big thank you should be said to the clubs like in Evansville, Jackson, Seville, San Jose, etc., instead of picking something to complain about all the time. Always seems to be the same people too. Look for the good instead of the bad, it is whole lot more fun that way. Try it, you might like it! When there are problems or situations to work out, they will get resolved in due time by level headed people. The problems that continue are usually trying to be resolved by those who like to complain.

Your concerned with a surveyed course when the club was out on the ice setting the course to help get a jump in preparing for the event. And your worried about it not being legal to set a record? .......whatever......

I recommended for this forum to be in all AquaCraft instruction manuals to give new boaters a place to go to get GOOD advise, learn and have fun, but having second thoughts when continuing to see threads like this. I don't come on here as often because of it.

If I'm not mistaken, this is a private forum, meaning not owned by a company, but by the members, which is way cool! To those who can, why not purge these types of threads so it does not make our hobby look bad. Not trying to speak for everybody, but would think most all would not mind a bit:)

This hobby is about having fun!!!!! If you want to ***** and complain, go somewhere else, because I don't think anybody else really wants to hear or read about it!!!!

Thanks,

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back