International Regatta

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Bullard

Ok I see the other post has been locked. So in reqard for the Internats I will place this little placement of the rules for the Regatta. I have no disrespect for the host club and I think that it is great that they have stepped up to the plate to put this event on. But I do feel like they have been mislead with the requirements for the Regatta. The number one requirement for applying for the International Regatta is to have a surveyed course. Now they say that they will follow the rules. Here they are:

ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL REGATTA

SECTION 1 - Requirements

A. The IMPBA International Regatta is to be held annually, during July or August.

B. The IMPBA International Regatta shall primarily consist of the National Championships (US-1),

which will consist of the three events of 1/16 mile straight trophy trials, 1/3 mile oval trophy

trials, and multi-boat racing for AB, CD, E and F Hydro and Mono, and B, D, E, and F Outboard

Tunnel and 1/8 Scale Hydro

If the host club desires, it may also run special events for such classes as Sport 40, Outboard

Hydro and Offshore boats. They must be scheduled at a time that is not in conflict with the

National Championships. Example: A participant may have boats entered in the National

Championships and in addition may enter boats in the Offshore race, etc.

C. At the International Regatta, the winner of any event scheduled by the host club and approved by

the Board will be awarded the title of National Champion.

SECTION 2 – Restrictions

No IMPBA sanctions will be granted the weekend prior to, or the weekend of the International

Regatta, within a 500-mile radius of the host site of the International Regatta.

SECTION 3 - Applying for

A. The International Regatta will be awarded on a rotation basis between the various districts.

B. Local Clubs will bid for the sanction to hold the International Regatta. Bid packages must

include the following information:

1. Survey

a. Survey documents of the 1/16 Straightaway and 1/4 or 1/3 Mile Oval Courses2. Approval Letters

a. Letters from the landowner, park authorities, Department of Recreation, etc., which

control the pond authorizing use of the facility including the hours running will be

permitted.

b. A letter from the District Director attesting that he has approved the proposed course and

a description of the site and facilities.

3. Schedule

a. Minimum acceptable for racing heat racing US-1 class boats will be five scheduled heats

of racing.

b. International Regatta Trophy Trials consisting of straightaway and oval time runs

c. 1/8 Scale Unlimited Hydro

d. It is required that the US-1 class events, consisting of 5 rounds of heat racing, Oval and

straightaway time trials, be completed before any special event classes are started.

March 2006 E - 5 Procedures

SECTION 4 - Acceptance

The President will review all bids and make his recommendations to the District Directors. Bid

approval will require a majority vote of the Executive Board.

SECTION 5 - Entries

"Limitation of Entries", Rule Number G-7 in Rules of Competition, will apply.

SECTION 6 - US-1 Scoring

A. National Championship Trophy (US-1)

Points are awarded based on the contestant's final order of finish in the 1/16th Straightaway, the

1/3 mile Oval and heat racing and requires entry in all three events. Straightaway and oval are of

equal point value with double points awarded for heat racing. The point distribution would then

be: Straightaway 1/4th, Oval 1/4th, and Heat Racing 1/2. Points are awarded on the same basis as

racing, i.e., 400 1st, 300 2nd, etc. (In the timed events, boats completing a time below 9th place

shall receive 25 points.) A boat that does not complete an official run in the trophy trials (Oval

and Straightaway) will receive zero (0) points for that event only.

If a contestant finished first in all three events, his point total would be 1600. If he finished 2nd

in the 1/16 (300), 3rd in the Oval (225), and overall final 5th (254) in racing (points are counted

to the 9th place), his point total would be 779. Note that points are awarded in racing for final

finishing position, not total points earned by heat, which are used to establish the final finishing

position.

B. Excellence of performance Trophy

The Excellence of Performance Trophy is IMPBA’ S highest honor, and is based on a boater's

highest scoring US-1 selected boat. Points are awarded as follows: (All classes are reviewed

jointly.)

In the 1/16th and 1/3rd Oval, points are awarded as in heat racing, i.e., 400 - 1st, 300 - 2nd, etc.,

down through 9th place. You MUST complete a timed run to gather points.

For Oval racing, overall finishing points are gathered based on 400 - 1st, 300 - 2nd, 225 - 3rd,

etc. Those points earned are doubled. (As an example, if you won D Hydro heat racing you

would have earned 400 points. This is doubled to total 800 points toward the excellence of

performance calculations.)

In order to reward classes with the largest number of competitors, a weighing system is used. The

calculation of this weighing system is based on boats presented for racing, not boats entered.

The number of boats presented for racing is totaled for EACH class to determine the largest class

(designated the scratch class).

March 2006 E - 6 Procedures

The scratch class received 100% of his or her points gained in the heat racing and timed events.

Each additional class has the following formula applied to determine the value of points earned.

Example:

Class Number Number Class

Contestants Scratch Percentage

D Hydro 48 48 100%

E Hydro 36 48 75%

F Hydro 12 48 25%

After the Raw Percentage is determined, a factor is applied to weight the class. This is

accomplished by subtracting the class value from 100%, 70% of that is added to the Raw

Percentage.

Example:

D Hydro 100%

E Hydro 100% - 75% = 25% * 70% = 17.5% + 75% = 92.5%

F Hydro 100% - 25% = 75% * 70% = 52.5% + 25% = 77.5%

In no instance can the final handicap percentage exceed 100%.

The total points earned in Heat Racing, Timed Oval & Straightaway Trophy Trials are totaled

and applied to the handicap.

Example:

Total Points Earned

D Hydro Contestant #1 1100 X 100% = 1100

D Hydro Contestant #2 600 X 100% = 600

E Hydro Contestant #1 1000 X 92.5% = 925

E Hydro Contestant #2 1200 X 92.5% = 1110

F Hydro Contestant #1 1600 X 77.5% = 1240

F Hydro Contestant #2 1400 X 77.5% = 1085

The total points earned toward the Excellence of Performance Trophy in this example would

have been sufficient for F Hydro Contestant #1 to have won.

In the event of a tie score between contestants at the conclusion of all US-1 events, that tie will

be broken by referring back to the contestant with the highest placing (first, second, third, etc.) in

US-1 Heat Racing. If a tie score still exists, the contestant with the most number of boats in

his/her class being scored for this award will be judged the winner.

March 2006 E - 7 Procedures

President's Cup Trophy

Best single performance of 2 boats in heat racing only.

In the event of a tie score between contestants, the contestant competing against the most number of

boats (using the contestant's two pre-chosen classes on their entry form) will be determined the

winner. If a tie score still exists, the contestant with the most wins (first places) in these 2 classes

will be judged the winner.

William E. LeFeber Award

The LeFeber Award is an award for outstanding sportsmanship and service to the organization. The

award will be voted on and presented at the International Regatta each year. The members will do the

voting.

John Bridge Trophy

Trophy to be awarded to the individual having the best total score with a multi-engine Hydro in F

class, US-1 competition (1/16 mile Straightaway and Oval time trials, and heat racing). This would

be a traveling trophy.

Mark Bullard

Ok I see the other post has been locked. So in reqard for the Internats I will place this little placement of the rules for the Regatta. I have no disrespect for the host club and I think that it is great that they have stepped up to the plate to put this event on. But I do feel like they have been mislead with the requirements for the Regatta. The number one requirement for applying for the International Regatta is to have a surveyed course. Now they say that they will follow the rules. Here they are:

ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL REGATTA

SECTION 1 - Requirements

A. The IMPBA International Regatta is to be held annually, during July or August.

B. The IMPBA International Regatta shall primarily consist of the National Championships (US-1),

which will consist of the three events of 1/16 mile straight trophy trials, 1/3 mile oval trophy

trials, and multi-boat racing for AB, CD, E and F Hydro and Mono, and B, D, E, and F Outboard

Tunnel and 1/8 Scale Hydro

If the host club desires, it may also run special events for such classes as Sport 40, Outboard

Hydro and Offshore boats. They must be scheduled at a time that is not in conflict with the

National Championships. Example: A participant may have boats entered in the National

Championships and in addition may enter boats in the Offshore race, etc.

C. At the International Regatta, the winner of any event scheduled by the host club and approved by

the Board will be awarded the title of National Champion.

SECTION 2 – Restrictions

No IMPBA sanctions will be granted the weekend prior to, or the weekend of the International

Regatta, within a 500-mile radius of the host site of the International Regatta.

SECTION 3 - Applying for

A. The International Regatta will be awarded on a rotation basis between the various districts.

B. Local Clubs will bid for the sanction to hold the International Regatta. Bid packages must

include the following information:

1. Survey

a. Survey documents of the 1/16 Straightaway and 1/4 or 1/3 Mile Oval Courses2. Approval Letters

a. Letters from the landowner, park authorities, Department of Recreation, etc., which

control the pond authorizing use of the facility including the hours running will be

permitted.

b. A letter from the District Director attesting that he has approved the proposed course and

a description of the site and facilities.

3. Schedule

a. Minimum acceptable for racing heat racing US-1 class boats will be five scheduled heats

of racing.

b. International Regatta Trophy Trials consisting of straightaway and oval time runs

c. 1/8 Scale Unlimited Hydro

d. It is required that the US-1 class events, consisting of 5 rounds of heat racing, Oval and

straightaway time trials, be completed before any special event classes are started.

March 2006 E - 5 Procedures

SECTION 4 - Acceptance

The President will review all bids and make his recommendations to the District Directors. Bid

SECTION 5 - Entries

"Limitation of Entries", Rule Number G-7 in Rules of Competition, will apply.

SECTION 6 - US-1 Scoring

A. National Championship Trophy (US-1)

Points are awarded based on the contestant's final order of finish in the 1/16th Straightaway, the

1/3 mile Oval and heat racing and requires entry in all three events. Straightaway and oval are of

equal point value with double points awarded for heat racing. The point distribution would then

be: Straightaway 1/4th, Oval 1/4th, and Heat Racing 1/2. Points are awarded on the same basis as

racing, i.e., 400 1st, 300 2nd, etc. (In the timed events, boats completing a time below 9th place

shall receive 25 points.) A boat that does not complete an official run in the trophy trials (Oval

and Straightaway) will receive zero (0) points for that event only.

If a contestant finished first in all three events, his point total would be 1600. If he finished 2nd

in the 1/16 (300), 3rd in the Oval (225), and overall final 5th (254) in racing (points are counted

to the 9th place), his point total would be 779. Note that points are awarded in racing for final

finishing position, not total points earned by heat, which are used to establish the final finishing

position.

B. Excellence of performance Trophy

The Excellence of Performance Trophy is IMPBA’ S highest honor, and is based on a boater's

highest scoring US-1 selected boat. Points are awarded as follows: (All classes are reviewed

jointly.)

In the 1/16th and 1/3rd Oval, points are awarded as in heat racing, i.e., 400 - 1st, 300 - 2nd, etc.,

down through 9th place. You MUST complete a timed run to gather points.

For Oval racing, overall finishing points are gathered based on 400 - 1st, 300 - 2nd, 225 - 3rd,

etc. Those points earned are doubled. (As an example, if you won D Hydro heat racing you

would have earned 400 points. This is doubled to total 800 points toward the excellence of

performance calculations.)

In order to reward classes with the largest number of competitors, a weighing system is used. The

calculation of this weighing system is based on boats presented for racing, not boats entered.

The number of boats presented for racing is totaled for EACH class to determine the largest class

(designated the scratch class).

March 2006 E - 6 Procedures

The scratch class received 100% of his or her points gained in the heat racing and timed events.

Each additional class has the following formula applied to determine the value of points earned.

Example:

Class Number Number Class

Contestants Scratch Percentage

D Hydro 48 48 100%

E Hydro 36 48 75%

F Hydro 12 48 25%

After the Raw Percentage is determined, a factor is applied to weight the class. This is

accomplished by subtracting the class value from 100%, 70% of that is added to the Raw

Percentage.

Example:

D Hydro 100%

E Hydro 100% - 75% = 25% * 70% = 17.5% + 75% = 92.5%

F Hydro 100% - 25% = 75% * 70% = 52.5% + 25% = 77.5%

In no instance can the final handicap percentage exceed 100%.

The total points earned in Heat Racing, Timed Oval & Straightaway Trophy Trials are totaled

and applied to the handicap.

Example:

Total Points Earned

D Hydro Contestant #1 1100 X 100% = 1100

D Hydro Contestant #2 600 X 100% = 600

E Hydro Contestant #1 1000 X 92.5% = 925

E Hydro Contestant #2 1200 X 92.5% = 1110

F Hydro Contestant #1 1600 X 77.5% = 1240

F Hydro Contestant #2 1400 X 77.5% = 1085

The total points earned toward the Excellence of Performance Trophy in this example would

have been sufficient for F Hydro Contestant #1 to have won.

In the event of a tie score between contestants at the conclusion of all US-1 events, that tie will

be broken by referring back to the contestant with the highest placing (first, second, third, etc.) in

US-1 Heat Racing. If a tie score still exists, the contestant with the most number of boats in

his/her class being scored for this award will be judged the winner.

March 2006 E - 7 Procedures

President's Cup Trophy

Best single performance of 2 boats in heat racing only.

In the event of a tie score between contestants, the contestant competing against the most number of

boats (using the contestant's two pre-chosen classes on their entry form) will be determined the

winner. If a tie score still exists, the contestant with the most wins (first places) in these 2 classes

will be judged the winner.

William E. LeFeber Award

The LeFeber Award is an award for outstanding sportsmanship and service to the organization. The

award will be voted on and presented at the International Regatta each year. The members will do the

voting.

John Bridge Trophy

Trophy to be awarded to the individual having the best total score with a multi-engine Hydro in F

class, US-1 competition (1/16 mile Straightaway and Oval time trials, and heat racing). This would

be a traveling trophy.

Mark Bullard
As you know when no one steps right up things change. Give the club a break they are doing there but

section 4 is the key...

its once again time to call this off..

Last chance..

Grim

PMBC said from the beginning that the course is not surveyed. I can't believe people are actually bitching to the host club about not having a surveyed course. Records are rarely (if ever) broken at the Nats. As long as the timing equiptment is used and doesn't change for each contestant, then WHO CARES! Let the Contest Directors do their job to the best of their ability. A Nats without a surveryed course is MUCH better than no Nats. We were at the "No Nats" stage before PMBC stepped up.

Brian

section 4 is the key...

Last chance..

Grim
I am new member to the club but I have raced a lot of years. Give Mike and Rick a chance guys.

For all I know Mike is a certified surveyor. He is in the construction field.

The race is in august. Why would we survey it now? The bouys will move by then.

Relax get you registration in and lets have some fun.

THE POND IS STILL FROZEN....

hOWARD

As Mike stated there was only one bid to host when that happens the board has 2 choices go with what the host bid wishes or do not have an INTERNATS. The host club was up front with me and the board when they came to us with a bid. Frankly I was really glad we finally had a club that hosts great club district races as the PMBC would step up to host this event. I had viewed a CD they had made of thier events, the previous year and was very impressed with how they hosted thier race. Instead of complaining about the site not being surveyed everyone should be thankful that a club finally stepped up to host the evnet. So get your boats ready and tested and either attend or stay at home. Those of us that will be attending, will have fun.

SECTION 4 - Acceptance

Bill Zuber

IMPBA President

section 4 is the key...

Last chance..

Grim
I am new member to the club but I have raced a lot of years. Give Mike and Rick a chance guys.

For all I know Mike is a certified surveyor. He is in the construction field.

The race is in august. Why would we survey it now? The bouys will move by then.

Relax get you registration in and lets have some fun.

THE POND IS STILL FROZEN....

hOWARD

Well I really do not know what to say. We have our premier event of the year and the powers at be cannot even follow the first and most important requirement for the Internats. Section 4 is not the key but the approval of the host club has met the requirements for hosting the International Regatta. Logic does not seem to be in play or in vogue.

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I really do not know what to say. We have our premier event of the year and the powers at be cannot even follow the first and most important requirement for the Internats. Logic does not seem to be in play or in vogue.
Mark
Mark, so you are saying it is logical to not have an Internats just because of the surveyed course issue? I don't think that would have gone over too well.

Say you have four guys getting timed in the 3m sprint (Joe, Dave, Scott and Bill).

Joe measures out 3m and draws a line.

Each athlete races to the line while being timed.

Joe sprints it in 1.243 seconds

Dave sprints it in 1.242 seconds

Scott sprints it in 5.2 seconds (he tripped)

Bill pulled a hammy and records a time of 3.8 seconds.

Fastest in the 3m sprint: Dave!!!!!!

2nd: Joe!!!!

3rd: Bill!!!!

4th: Scott!!!

But wait!!!! the 3m is actually 2.993m. WHO CARES since they all raced to the same line.

mmon51l.jpg

Well I really do not know what to say. We have our premier event of the year and the powers at be cannot even follow the first and most important requirement for the Internats. Logic does not seem to be in play or in vogue.
Mark
Mark, so you are saying it is logical to not have an Internats just because of the surveyed course issue? I don't think that would have gone over too well.

Say you have four guys getting timed in the 3m sprint (Joe, Dave, Scott and Bill).

But wait!!!! the 3m is actually 2.993m. WHO CARES since they all raced to the same line.
No Brian this is not what I am saying. The end results will be the same. But there are some soft records in some of the classes and for the racers that travel to this event should be able to take them if they can. This is our premier event of the year. It is a very special world event. This is why it is the first requirement for the approval of putting on the International Regatta. It is the history of the event and not just another heat race. I can name you many racers that put a lot of effort into a straight-away runs or a oval runs if they make the field. And I have seen many timed runs close to records. I could say that you mean that the host club will enforce the noise rule but they will not follow the first requirement for putting on a the Internats. But I will not because this is not what this is about. This is about our premier event and protecting the history and the future of IMPBA's International Regatta and keeping it the very special world event that it is. To do anything less is to do a injustice to the racers that have won US-1 before.

Mark

Mark

No Brian this is not what I am saying. The end results will be the same. But there are some soft records in some of the classes and for the racers that travel to this event should be able to take them if they can. This is our premier event of the year. It is a very special world event. This is why it is the first requirement for the approval of putting on the International Regatta. It is the history of the event and not just another heat race. I can name you many racers that put a lot of effort into a straight-away runs or a oval runs if they make the field. And I have seen many timed runs close to records. I could say that you mean that the host club will enforce the noise rule but they will not follow the first requirement for putting on a the Internats. But I will not because this is not what this is about. This is about our premier event and protecting the history and the future of IMPBA's International Regatta and keeping it the very special world event that it is. To do anything less is to do a injustice to the racers that have won US-1 before.

Mark
Injustice? Not to me.. again do not speak for me.. its not working..

Grim...

Mark, Racing boats is about having fun period, end of story! If you are not having fun then with all due respect, go do something else where you are having fun. It's that simple! If I were interested in racing on a surveyed course and the club was not going to have it done then I would just go somewhere else, not piss off the very people who are taking the time and effort to host an event.

Mark you're making sound like the course is gonna have 200 foot straights and 20 foot turns. So a course gets surveyed, so what? Can you GUARANTEE that without a shadow of a doubt that no buoy has ever moved from it's exact surveyed position on any prior Internats course before or during the event? You can't and no one else can either, if one gets moved during repair or replacement the "survey" is now off, even by a little, so what's the point? You speak of this great injustice being done to previous US-1 winners and there have been many but I don't hear them complaining. :blink:

Be honest, the twin records are soft & you think you have shot. Isn't that what this is all really about? :rolleyes:

Ok let's all say it together -

toy boats .... toy boats .... toy boats. B)

Be honest, the twin records are soft & you think you have shot. Isn't that what this is all really about? :rolleyes:
Ok let's all say it together -

toy boats .... toy boats .... toy boats. B)
toy boats.... toy boats.... toy boats. :p

I think Don has hit the nail on the head! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mark,

Give it a rest dude. Have a cocktail and chill because I for one am getting fed up with your non-sense. Let's have a little fun.

Speaking for myself, I believe the point Mark is making is that the board is making rules that cannot be fairly enforced and now omitting rules because it was the best thing to do at the time. Why could the board accept the bid with the understanding that it would be surveyed by race time. And if you think these are "toy boats" you are in the wrong hobby. Whats next, throw out oval and straightaway trials so we can have more classes. Who comes up with some of these new rules anyway, why is it a rule not to have twin motors in sport 40 and 20, why do we now have to refer to the motor classes by numbers instaed of letters, if it is so hard to figure out what class by what we had, there are other issues, it now appears that 90 is the largest size motor for F , why not call it 1.8. This is not a professional sport, we are ruling ourselves into a corner. If the board and the directors have so much time to work on these new rules, why don't they work on uniting the 2 major organizations so we can get a better deal on insurance and no matter where we wanted to race our boats would be legal. Soon we will need a legal assistant to be our pit person so we ensure we aren't violating a rule while in pit time or during the race. I deal in a world of code books and I don't enjoy having to guess what this or that clubs interpertation of the rules are for this weekend. We the membership need to decide what rules are needed and vote with that in mind, as we have expended far too much energy this past and now current season on some really stupid rules.

Ok guys, why don't you ask the racers that have finished US-1. I am sure that the most would feel the same way if you did something to change the way that US-1 is won by lowering the standards. And I am sure the ones that have set records at the internats will tell you that those records are more special than going to a record trial. Don't ask me because I have only set one record and have only been US-1 once and back into it. But I know how I would feel if the standards were lowered.

Mark

Speaking for myself, I believe the point Mark is making is that the board is making rules that cannot be fairly enforced and now omitting rules because it was the best thing to do at the time. Why could the board accept the bid with the understanding that it would be surveyed by race time. And if you think these are "toy boats" you are in the wrong hobby. Whats next, throw out oval and straightaway trials so we can have more classes. Who comes up with some of these new rules anyway, why is it a rule not to have twin motors in sport 40 and 20, why do we now have to refer to the motor classes by numbers instaed of letters, if it is so hard to figure out what class by what we had, there are other issues, it now appears that 90 is the largest size motor for F , why not call it 1.8. This is not a professional sport, we are ruling ourselves into a corner. If the board and the directors have so much time to work on these new rules, why don't they work on uniting the 2 major organizations so we can get a better deal on insurance and no matter where we wanted to race our boats would be legal. Soon we will need a legal assistant to be our pit person so we ensure we aren't violating a rule while in pit time or during the race. I deal in a world of code books and I don't enjoy having to guess what this or that clubs interpertation of the rules are for this weekend. We the membership need to decide what rules are needed and vote with that in mind, as we have expended far too much energy this past and now current season on some really stupid rules.
Bruce

At lease there is someone out there than can see what is happening.

Mark

from "Zuber, John W GARRISON" <[email protected]> hide details 11/20/06

to

MArk you were on the board that APPROVED THE BID this email was sent out back in November why didn't you do more complaining back then? This same thing has been done back in 2000 and 2001 Internats I don't remeber you complaining online back then either what about back when there was only heat racing at the Internats in LA around 1989 or so did you complain then? Remember the bid package ? You voted to approve it! This is just more sour grapes. Why don't you and the other few complainers put a bid in to host the Internats under the traditional format? That way you could accomplish 2 things have an 1. Internats under the traditional format and 2. Have a lake surveyed and set records during the Internats. Anyone wishing to set records would have a much better chance of setting records at one of IMPBA 's scheduled records trials including the one in your own back yard Mark! Much cooler weather and much longer time to make attempts.

[email protected],

[email protected],

[email protected],

Board dick jones past pres <[email protected]>,

boaterjacuzzi <[email protected]>,

Bob Halliday <[email protected]>,

[email protected],

[email protected],

[email protected],

EDWARD W MEST <[email protected]>,

John Equi <[email protected]>,

[email protected],

[email protected],

[email protected],

[email protected]

cc

"D4 Zaker, Ron" <[email protected]>,

[email protected],

[email protected],

[email protected],

[email protected],

[email protected]

date Nov 20, 2006 8:20 AM

subject 2007 Internats bid package additional item

Well we have a bid for the 2007 Internats at Seville, OH this will become an agenda item for the teleconference Tuesday so we can also get the executive board approval. If this bid is approved D2 will be hosting both the Gas Nationals and the International Regatta for 2007. There are no other bids for the 2007 Internats at this time D7 did enquire about submitting a bid ,however I have heard nothing else from Ed Mest the D7 Director. Hopefully D7 will submit a bid soon for the 2008 International Regatta. If you can not open these files or your mail box can not handle the size let me know I will;l break it up in smaller packages there are a couple of picture slide shows of the site and a race hosted at the site.

Not a toy boat? Wrong Hobby? ...Your kidding right? If you take running a model boat for something other than having fun and exercising your imagination that I hate to tell you that YOU are the one that is in the wrong hobby.

Oh and to let you know once again it is people like you.... a.k.a." An IMPBA Member in good standing" that votes and comes up with these new rules.

Your Buddy,

-Buck-

:)

And if you think these are "toy boats" you are in the wrong hobby......
Bruce I'm as hardcore as anyone but the bottom line is 99.9% of us do not earn a living messin' with these boats. It's a hobby, not a profession & bottom line is they are really nothing more than big boy's toys. Just like when I used to be into Corvettes as a hobby and was way, way more expensive than these boats but they still were my "toys" because I did it for FUN. I agree with you on some of what you said like the engine displacement change that I felt was not needed & still feel that way as do many others but I was not on the board when that occured. We shall see what happens at the end of the 1 year "trial". You speak of merging the two orgs. and guess what, you'd probably see US-1 go away if that ever happened as NAMBA doesn't do trials, it's all heat racing for their National crown. This among other things is what keeps & will keep the two separate. And BTW- the membership is who decides the rules, one of the few organized racing bodies that has it that way. A member submits a proposal, it gets reviewed & if accepted by the board, who were put in place by the members, goes out for the members to vote on. The "board" has not "made" any of these rules, the membership did. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back