SEADUCER MONO

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3M makes the 5200 sealant. I havent tried it on the RC boat. But it sticks everything real well on my 20' Stingray. Once its on it stays there. You should be able to find it at Walmart, Meijers and marine stores.

Mark

The best seaducers would no doubt come ready to run direct from the seaducer factory .

Jason

Last edited by a moderator:
This tread has already been discussed in different ways but as I'm working on a SD3 Gas of a friend of mine now and would like to hear from the mono guru's what do you think of the inttentional hook in the botton.I do know why it is part of this concept but ...... this boat has been a pain in the neck.

Time ago I removed this hook in another gas ducer and the results were very good..this boat is still running strong with a Qd 25 but once the owner of this new one don't want hull mods I wonder why the set up is sooooo critical to have the boat on plane.

We have spent lot of hours playing with an infinity of set ups,pipes,props and the boat just hit 55mph with a Bucth mod motor.The old modified boat(hook removed) runs consistently in mid 60's with the motor placed back 2 " and has potencial to go even fast. In the other forum there is the same topic and there are lot of different opinions about this subject but I ended up with the same opinion of Marty Davis that used to modify his .20 Ducer's in this area.At least it worked for me but I'm sure Jerry Crowler wouldn't waste his time running a bad design boat plus winning all those races.I have no doubts that ducer's are proven winning models.

This boat came from Florida ready to run,same building,same set up and same props recommend by Jerry so what do you think could be the problem.We only have the boat on plane using a small propeller(X472 barr cupped and cup 4.3) so speed is greatly affected.It seems the Cg is too much forward that makes the boat very glued even with positive strut angle.Also went to www.modelgasboats.com to read more about an issue about the SD3 gas and I couldn't figured out nothing wrong with our boat.

Maybe some of you can trade your Ducer's set up experiences here to save more frustrating tests.

Thanks

Gill
Gill:

After seeing the NEW Seaducer 20 Mono at a recent race in Florida, I was VERY impressed with what Jerry has done with the new boat.

I saw him race in a heat that had a little roughed up water with 5 or so other boats. One of them was John Brown with a recent model boat from a competitor.

The new Seaducer was AWESOME and handled the rough water at full throttle. NOBODY was even in the same league with this boat.

If I was going to buy a new 20 mono, I probably would buy this one with no change from the kit instructions. It was VERY impressive.

Marty Davis

Back