Scale vegas cowls Project, Who like scale looking vegas's?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, an update on the Semi Scale vegas. I have been busy with other things that it got put on the back burner. Im looking to buy a house and when i find one and i will have a garage to work in I plan on getting back on it. I been doing some CAD stuff to get the templets figured out. I have three i plan to do. Especally with the new Vegas coming out being more better than the original. Well ill keep up to date with things when i get the project rolling.

I think most folks are going to be looking for functionality...not scale looks. I think what is needed for the vegas...is a cowl that has the scoop further forward (for air cooled engines) and has a lower profile (less top heavy, and less drag).

Just my 2 cents.

Sean

I agree with the air flow problem, I hack all kinds of holes in mine!

I agree with the air flow problem, I hack all kinds of holes in mine!
that one proublem.. the others are made to thin.. crasks at the front area where it slides on.. then the looks..it needs improvements...it needs to look like a hydro..lokk at grims UL-1 it looks like it...

there actually was a WABX boat it was driven by Mitch Hanson, It was all white with the wabx 107.1 one sponson sprint logo on the air intake , miller trucking and budweiser on the wing . It was the skyway park bowling hydro U-9
I think you mixed up two different names BB. The driver of the U-9 was Michael Hanson, now crew chief on the U-1/6 Oh Boy! Oberto. The only Mitch I know of is Mitch Evans, who drove the U-3 and is now "unofficially retired". Jimmy King took the driver's seat on the U-3 after Mitch resigned to spend more time with his marina business in Lake Chelan Washington according to what Mitch told me at last year's Chevrolet Cup in Seattle.

Yeah i may have got the names mix up my bad, I have a paper from an old thunder with the Master Tire on it when Mitch Evans was driving.

Thanks for the input about the cowls yeah they do need better air flow then the vegas cowls but i see Miss hydros point i like the scale look. Ill keep it in mind when i try doing some. It may come to a point where on thing will overite the other either better airflow or more scale. Like i said they wont be excact to scale but close. Just like to see a different design.

Yeah i may have got the names mix up my bad, I have a paper from an old thunder with the Master Tire on it when Mitch Evans was driving.

Thanks for the input about the cowls yeah they do need better air flow then the vegas cowls but i see Miss hydros point i like the scale look. Ill keep it in mind when i try doing some. It may come to a point where on thing will overite the other either better airflow or more scale. Like i said they wont be excact to scale but close. Just like to see a different design.
you can make them very very close to the scales to have a good looking and funtional cowl...

heck yes that would be so cool to have scale cowls look on my vegas. keep me posted on ur cowls please.

I think most folks are going to be looking for functionality...not scale looks. I think what is needed for the vegas...is a cowl that has the scoop further forward (for air cooled engines) and has a lower profile (less top heavy, and less drag).

Just my 2 cents.

Sean
you meen like this

pics246.jpg

UPDATE, Well i finally have a garage to build stuff in so here is the plan

Im going to start working on a cowling that is the Pico cowl and will make

Miss Brake Shop

Kisw/Miss Rock

Appian Jeronimo

Miss Wellness Plan

Pico American Drea

FormulaBoats.com

Lakeridge Paving

Spirit of the Navy

I will also be making the Mirage boat cowling that will make

Mirageboat .com

Znetic

99 Pico

thriftway

These are a simple design to start with and the two can make different hydro to start with and if all goes well i will try other ones.

This is just an idea of what one could look like with the winston eagle cowl. this is not one that has been done but its just a way to give you all and idea of how i see them on a vegas body with the turbine tube and such. Mine will be more to scale of the vegas not so bulky.

med_gallery_3638_741_63173.jpg

304986836_XJ6ga-M.jpg

iphone 046.JPG

592452824_cBd32-M.jpg

iphone 047.JPG

31193900_bzZrY-M.jpg

1 New Cowling project.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE, Well i finally have a garage to build stuff in so here is the plan

Im going to start working on a cowling that is the Pico cowl and will make

Miss Brake Shop

Kisw/Miss Rock

Appian Jeronimo

Miss Wellness Plan

Pico American Drea

FormulaBoats.com

Lakeridge Paving

Spirit of the Navy

I will also be making the Mirage boat cowling that will make

Mirageboat .com

Znetic

99 Pico

thriftway

These are a simple design to start with and the two can make different hydro to start with and if all goes well i will try other ones.

This is just an idea of what one could look like with the winston eagle cowl. this is not one that has been done but its just a way to give you all and idea of how i see them on a vegas body with the turbine tube and such. Mine will be more to scale of the vegas not so bulky.
man that formula.com pic looks fimilar??hummmm wonder who took that shot? :D

Well, haven't got to them, the project got put on the back burner. Maybe one day I'll get to do some

Back