SAW tunnel record team effort

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
paul renna , I would like to see more pictures of the NX 400 tunnel hull , building process and finished product ....thanks....bob

Mr. Miller, I have pics from when I owned the lineup. Below is the Qx400, which is the FE version of the NX400, which is the nitro hull. This is the same hull I set the record with. I am not sure Paul has seen this thread or not, but he goes by Paul Renna on IW, or you can PM me for his phone number. Thanks, Mike Luszcz, ML Boatworks

More pics can be seen here.

http://s42.photobucket.com/user/spoonefcrx/library/1-QX400%20Instructions%20Center%20Section?sort=3&page=1

20130804_184914_zps64afe9c3.jpg

20130803_152430_zpsb755eabe.jpg

20130904_071116_zps4a7e802d.jpg

20130904_071104_zps1d5bc084.jpg

20130904_071056_zps0b00f3d3.jpg

20130831_122136_zps4971585f.jpg

paul renna , I would like to see more pictures of the NX 400 tunnel hull , building process and finished product ....thanks....bob
Bob contact Michael Faszcza on here by that name, he is building one now. He's in my club, I've seen a few pics. Good guy, he'll be happy to answer some questions for you. Don't know how many pics he has of the build, sponson & center framing was done but not skinned last pics I saw. BTW, looking toward to meeting you in Rochester (-;

Kris, have you tried any saw setups or runs with the Dragons? From what I've both seen of your's & experienced with mine, I believe a Dragon would be an excellent choice.

Kris, have you tried any saw setups or runs with the Dragons? From what I've both seen of your's & experienced with mine, I believe a Dragon would be an excellent choice.
I have had the M18 to speeds of 114km/h (71mph) with a "heat racing" setup. that was an older style Nelson, stock, with SPP pipe and 1450 prop. I have people that can verify it second staged to get from 65-71mph (on radar)
default_smile.png
looking for that video now.

I truly think a slightly tweaked Nova 46 is the ticket with a SPP pipe and a 1450 prop to start with to go low-mid 70's. such smooth power and can pull most props you throw at it (within reason).

BUT to go from 75-80MPH is a STEP and the setup becomes exponentially more important and the same with the risks of damage. Massive 'wall' to get through at that speed thats for sure.

I am doing 78mph consistently with an early version Dragon modded for saw on 4S Entropy lipos (
default_smile.png
) have GPS speeds over 80, but would not register that high (maybe 75 average) over the length of the true speed test (SAW traps)

Bob SORRY

I was in such a hurry to get the 400 in the water I didn't stop to take pictures

However the paint is drying on the hull now and should be going in the water this weekend. So I'll have pics of the finished product too

I am going to start another 365 and 400 next week so I can write the instruction manual I'll forward the pics to you

Thanks

Paul

I have had the M18 to speeds of 114km/h (71mph) with a "heat racing" setup. that was an older style Nelson, stock, with SPP pipe and 1450 prop. I have people that can verify it second staged to get from 65-71mph (on radar)
default_smile.png

I truly think a slightly tweaked Nova 46 is the ticket with a SPP pipe and a 1450 prop to start with to go low-mid 70's. such smooth power and can pull most props you throw at it (within reason).

BUT to go from 75-80MPH is a STEP and the setup becomes exponentially more important and the same with the risks of damage. Massive 'wall' to get through at that speed thats for sure.

I am doing 78mph consistently with an early version Dragon modded for saw on 4S Entropy lipos (
default_smile.png
) have GPS speeds over 80, but would not register that high (maybe 75 average) over the length of the true speed test (SAW traps)

Kris, if you are up to those speeds, I might suggest larger decals as well!
default_biggrin.png

I used my Dragon to set the most recent NAMBA P-LTD OPC Tunnel SAW record of 65.82mph last March... There was more there for sure, but just ran out of good water and daylight...

P-LTD_OPC_2.jpg

has anyone ever try using inverted canard wings to prevent a tunnel hull from getting too loose ?.....bob

default_smile.png

default_smile.png

Kris, if you are up to those speeds, I might suggest larger decals as well!
default_biggrin.png
hmmm...I accept the challenge!

Latest posts

Back