SAW Race Has Openings

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayt

The November NAMBA SAW event in Los Angeles has a few openings remaining; if you think you have a fast FE boat, or if you REALLY want to learn to go fast from the fastest boaters in the world rather than the amateur gibberish ;) you read on-line, this is the place to be! No one is born knowing how to make their boat fast, and no one needs to feel embarassed - everyone there had to start sometime. One new boater set a record last year in his first speed event ever, and the S-Hydro record holder surpassed 100 mph in his second event using off-the-shelf parts. Beginning SAW racers are welcomed and a lot of information is shared - information that you don't read on-line. :ph34r:

Bring your fastest boats, or just your favorites, and learn how fast they really go. Maximize your present setups and learn the parts and procedures to challenge a record. And spend time with some of the nicest guys in the sport. To learn more go here:

http://www.drcwebservices.com/lasaw/default3.htm

NOTE: The comment about "gibberish" was made in jest, but in truth much of the top speed suggestions you read on-line are wrong and not supported by any experience, just opinion. The only true way to know how fast a boat goes, and what makes a difference, is to run through a 330-foot course with an accurate timer. Radar and GPS may make boaters feel good, but it's the lights which tell the true story. :)

"Radar and GPS may make boaters feel good, but it's the lights which tell the true story."

Oh now Jay, it's all those world race records that were set by stopwatches on unsurveyed courses that are the real ones ;)

Hey FE guys, we are having our IMPBA Speedweek II from Dec 27 - Jan 2 in Valdosta Ga and I was wondering what it would take to talk some of you into coming. If you haven't heard about the Valdosta pond it is one of the nicest SAW ponds around. It is almost 1500 ft long with perfectly clear spring fed water. The drivers stand actually hangs out over the water so you have a perfect view of what’s going on. The weather is traditionally very good that time of year with mild temps and calm winds and there are often small numbers of boaters so you should get plenty of running time. There are lots of hotels within a few miles of the pond and there is lots of other stuff to do in town when we are not setting records.

We are working on making this the premier record trial event and I would really like to attract some of you really fast FE guys! How cool would it be to have a 120+ mph electric boat at the same event as a 120+ mph nitro boat (Andy lives just a few minutes away)?!?! I'm also trying to get some of the gas guys that have or can go over 100 mph. THAT would be really cool to have the fastest of all the different kinds of boats there!

Let me know if you guys have any questions or would need anything different than would be at a nitro/gas record trial.

Glenn

Glen Quarles

I took the liberty of posting your invitation to the Georgia SAW event on the Rumrunner SAW forum.

It looks like you have some definite interest. If you could log on to www.rumrunnerracing.com in the SAW forum, there are some questions and registration requests for you.

Thanks Doug! Yeah it seems to be getting a pretty good response. Shoot, we may need to end up putting on an east coast FE record trial every year to go with the one on Legg Lake.

Glenn

Latest posts

Back