• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sale Pending Carbon Fiber 20 O/B Pipe

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Dave,

Check your PM mailbox,it is filling up. I mailed a package your way yesterday,

I hope mine is crossing the Pacific. :lol:

Talk To You Soon,

Mark Sholund

Joe_Knesek said:
The material used to make the new pipe is not the same as the pipe I have. What's the advantage because the new material looks like fecal matter.
80668[/snapback]

It does sorta look like something I see where people walk their dogs........... :blink:

Can they be painted?? :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Boaters,

Who said fast has got to look pretty? :D I have the pipes in stock now, I just wish

I could go test them. :lol:

The swans are taking up all the nice water here in West Grand Traverse Bay.

Need Some Test Water, :lol:

Mark Sholund

They don't Mark but the previous process looks much nicer. Nothing a can of Slip Plate can't fix.

We are still experimenting with the colour of the pipes. They are made with hi temperature custom blended chemicals. these can whithstand heat better than any vinyl ester or other types of resins. The pipes are perfectly smooth on the inside where it counts :p .

One of the main colour factors is the oven curing at high temperatures. At high temps its hard to stop any colour from going dark brown. Even with fluro carbon, kevlar aramids available they will still darken with the epoxy.

as for painting I have never tried it but I expect if the surface was rough enough for the paint to stick and was suited to exhaust temps im sure it would last a while.

At this point we need to focus on making the pipes work to there full extent and the best colour option is black.

There is one good thing about the colour and shape. If you leave one on the boat table I think most people would hesitate before sticking it in there pocket and stealing it :blink: :blink:

See ya

Dave

Back