Rudder Servo's for 45 mono

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I won't use smaller than a 3305 in any boat. Since it's a standard sized servo, it will fit in almost any servo mount while kicking out over 90 in-oz of torque. As the saying goes, better too much than too little, and with a rudder servo, it's even more so

Hi-tec HS-645MG. I've used that one in everything from .21 nitro's up to my gas boats.

I should have mentioned metal gears- only a few bucks more than nylon gears. Not expensive and a spare in the pit box won't break the bank.

Glenn

I have only remembered seeing the 645 and 5645 servos in metal gear MG designation but they also do run ball bearings but don't go by 645BB designation I don't think they offer it all nylon gear. Think they only have one variety now. Most every MG servo still uses a nylon spur gear off the motors pinion. It is sorta the fuse so something will fail in a total locked up condition instead of frying the motor and/or amplifier circuit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi-tec HS-645MG. I've used that one in everything from .21 nitro's up to my gas boats.
I use the HS-645MG in almost everything as well, but I found that it couldn't handle a 20 sized FE tunnel. Learned that one the hard way. I bought this servo for use in the tunnel and like it very much. LINK

Latest posts

Back