RS EVO P/L RETRO FIT

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwilfong

Well My buddy Steve Wood came thew as always. Thanks again Steve.

RS case board out to fit the new RS EVO P/L

All the stuff lines up perfect. Just need to widen the transfer ports in the case toward the ex port to match every thing. also open up the top of the ex port in the case to accommodate the two little side ex ports a little.

Will run the numbers but it looks like a perfect match.

I will ask the obvious question

Why not just buy the whole engine ?
Don't have the extra $700+

Can't spend what you don't have.

Really not looking for this tread to go that way.

Question asked.

Question answered.

leave it at that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went with the case boar that way once it is done you don't need to modify parts any more.

A new P/L will fit right in.

It is looking like the new eng will lend to some great modifications with the ports in the liner as thy are.

Have a feeling the case will need to be HOOOOOGED out thought to get it to flow high nitro.

Steve is going to have a new eng here soon and will give me a up date on the case.

:ph34r: can you show me pictures compare P/L RS vs P/L RS EVO thanks

No Problems I was just curious

Was turning the OD of the Liner an Option ?

Machining a case is way out of most peoples league and I am sure others will want to go this

way if the New design P/L proves to be better for the same reasons as you.

Greg, As matter of interest, Mauro made the RSEVO liner a bigger diameter to reduce the cross section/volume of the transfer runners because he believes it improves the torque.

:ph34r: can you show me pictures compare P/L RS vs P/L RS EVO thanks
David can tell me measure O.D on liner ? thanks
won't fit on crankcase 101 RS? :wacko: also old inerst button ( RS) too small? :unsure:
Allen the .91 and 1.01 RS case are the same thy need to be board out.The buttons are the same size as the boars have not changed change.
Oh I see Will tell me how is it run Good or Bad ? benfit for tip before I will decide to buy engines please send PM Let me know thanks ^_^

Well it will be a few months till I get it going. As every thing is boxed up now.

I have sold my home and will be living in a rental till my new home on the lake is built.

Then I will have a new shop with the lake right out side that I can run on all year long.

No Problems I was just curious

Was turning the OD of the Liner an Option ?

Machining a case is way out of most peoples league and I am sure others will want to go this

way if the New design P/L proves to be better for the same reasons as you.

Greg, As matter of interest, Mauro made the RSEVO liner a bigger diameter to reduce the cross section/volume of the transfer runners because he believes it improves the torque.
With lower nitro this will be a advantage. But with liquid toque( Nitro) this is a disadvantage to flowing a high nitro mix.

Well it will be a few months till I get it going. As every thing is boxed up now.

I have sold my home and will be living in a rental till my new home on the lake is built.

Then I will have a new shop with the lake right out side that I can run on all year long.
Nice !! You'll be in Allison country !

Dave thank you for your info it is much appreciated.
Greg the 3 port ex looks like it will work real nice for some more top end power.
Also as I said the transfers are wider than the old RS and a split port design.
Remember this eng is marketed to the Euro market. 30% nitro max running 8 min heats mostly subsurface drive.
All though there is a boat in Sweden that is running fastest laps with a RS.91 set up much different than most. :)

A little bird told me it might show up at the world champ race next year. ;)

Nice !! You'll be in Allison country !
Dang I may have to build a real boat now.

:D

Greg the 3 port ex looks like it will work real nice for some more top end power.

Remember this eng is marketed to the Euro market. 30% nitro max running 8 min heats mostly subsurface drive.

All though there is a boat in Sweden that is running fastest laps with a RS.91 set up much different than most. :)

That will be the geared RS91 then. Lots of them and geared RSEVO 91 racing here. After the first few people ran the RSEVO over here the number of used RS91's on sale was incredible, and the factory could hardly keep up with the demand for the EVO. A real powerhouse.

That will be the geared RS91 then. Lots of them and geared RSEVO 91 racing here. After the first few people ran the RSEVO last over here the number of used RS91's on sale was incredible, and the factory could hardly keep up with the demand for the EVO. A real powerhouse.
Yes it is a geard setup.

This eng build is going to the same home.

Back