VAC 1.05

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwilfong

After over a year of planing and lot of measuring to see if it would work its all most ready.

Got my VAC 91 case bored by Steve Wood and the small end of the rod honed out .008 after the bushing was removed and it all fit together. installed the RS1.01 P/L and wrist pin and it all worked nice. the transfer ports lined up perfect and the exhaust. Just need to raise the boost port in the case a little.

Just ran the numbers and it is perfect.130 trans and 190 ex.

Now just have to port the case, make a brass button and cooling head.

Steve thanks for the great work. it was all worth it I knew it would work.

David

I have a couple of the Mad Dr's motors, beasts ;)

I love Dave's WAY outside the box style- the work or dont- But when they do :huh:

When they dont, we try again ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya oughta see when we hook a lipo to the bolts in his neck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baby steps 190 is good to start.

It very well might go BOOM but you don't know if you don't try.

All tho it will have a 30% billet piston in it. the deck hight on the piston is .020 taller than stock piston so the numbers can be made lower than 130 -190 with this piston.

Just have to scratch my a$$ and come up with a good starting point.

All tho it will have a 30% billet piston in it. the deck hight on the piston is .020 taller than stock piston so the numbers can be made lower than 130 -190 with this piston.

Just pokin' fun Dave. My biggest concerns would be the crankpin and bearings.

Baby steps 190 is good to start. It very well might go BOOM but you don't know if you don't try. All tho it will have a 30% billet piston in it. the deck hight on the piston is .020 taller than stock piston so the numbers can be made lower than 130 -190 with this piston. Just have to scratch my a$$ and come up with a good starting point.
Just pokin' fun Dave. My biggest concerns would be the crankpin and bearings.
Mine too Don but easy to inspect with this eng unlike the RS. I have bin looking at ceramic finger made in Russia by cyclon. Might give them a try.http://www.rusengines.ru/?content=content.php&lang=en&lang_upd=en&cover=green&cover_upd=green&USD=31.56&EUR=42.01

Would like to see a CMB RS 1.25 Maybe time for CMB to consider a BIG BORE longer stroke BIG BLOCK!

Would like to see a CMB RS 1.25 Maybe time for CMB to consider a BIG BORE longer stroke BIG BLOCK!
Thy got one just need to see if it holds up to Gas first before we slap the nitro to it. :lol:

Harry's got one I will see how it runs at the pond. when he gets frustrated with it I will bend his ear till he says uncle.

Those guys get real humble when I test run Brutus. 95MPH top end diving in full rudder turns at 76MPH hook up tight last weekend stock 2818 at 24000RPM. ;)

David, sounds great to me , let me know how testing goes!!

Back