Rossi Powerhead

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
be aware with the rossi crank, as it has a tendancy to break from the case hardening being too thick, i think it was almost 1mm thick!!!! maybe .5-.75 to be conservative, but thats why mine and a few other have had them break...also the tightness probably doesnt help the crank?

that doesnt sound like fun, thanks for the heads up, with the piston/sleeve as tight as it was, I would venture to say that the rod/wristpin/pistonboss/crank all see a huge amount of "load" while in the break in process. Normaly, I wouldnt have lapped a piston and sleeve, but ****!, It was tight. Maybe it will help the crank problem.

I got the pipe from Dave yesterday and got it mounted, Ill take a pic or two tonight and get the info you wanted Jerry.

~James

that doesnt sound like fun, thanks for the heads up, with the piston/sleeve as tight as it was, I would venture to say that the rod/wristpin/pistonboss/crank all see a huge amount of "load" while in the break in process. Normaly, I wouldnt have lapped a piston and sleeve, but ****!, It was tight. Maybe it will help the crank problem.

I got the pipe from Dave yesterday and got it mounted, Ill take a pic or two tonight and get the info you wanted Jerry.

~James
Thanks Top,, They are really tight, an the "big end" of the rod is suffering removing it twice

with my large "hemos". I'm looking into trial fitting another rod, I've opened up the stock

rod after the first miserable removal and it's still coming off hard.

Don't worry about gettin' that measurement James, I'll just make it a tenth of an inch.

Jerry

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys I newbee here and i aprecciate who can help me to let me know the differences beetwen 4 screws silver head and 6 screws gold head (5T) ROSSI OB Engines.

Thanks a lot

Cristian Aldana

Venezuela

Venezuela! Has the Best looking Miss Universes on the Planet :eek: ,Slap!!, Doh,, back to the instructions,

I don't know if their going to help you with much (with the "AXE" motor), it's just a car motor with a

reverse crank and the info for it doesn't exist in the instuctions.

What exactly do you need help with?

Thanks JW, here have a beautifull womens, to get married is very big problem because wich new day you can find more and more beatifull girls, the solution is stay single for long time .......heheehe

I have a Rossi new in box .21 5T (130 r21 blue and black rossi box) six screw gold head standart glow plug, that i understand it is old version, but i want know the diffreences between both silver head and six screwss gold head, wich is more powerfull hp?, performance and reliability,breaking tips. It dont have instruction ,and i try to find info in internet but it so hard, axe rossi web have 3T new version and show a goldhead six screws?, HPP show silverhead but no specific model 3T or 5T?. Morrishobbies web show 4 screw goldhead it so confused for me (Rossi newbee) and here are a few boats modelers to compare and learn.

JW excuse me my bad english sometime take me some time understand all post and forum web. But i love RC boat tunnels

Thanks a lot

Cristian Aldana

Caracas Venezuela

Thanks JW, here have a beautifull womens, to get married is very big problem because wich new day you can find more and more beatifull girls, the solution is stay single for long time .......heheehe
I have a Rossi new in box .21 5T (130 r21 blue and black rossi box) six screw gold head standart glow plug, that i understand it is old version, but i want know the diffreences between both silver head and six screwss gold head, wich is more powerfull hp?, performance and reliability,breaking tips. It dont have instruction ,and i try to find info in internet but it so hard, axe rossi web have 3T new version and show a goldhead six screws?, HPP show silverhead but no specific model 3T or 5T?. Morrishobbies web show 4 screw goldhead it so confused for me (Rossi newbee) and here are a few boats modelers to compare and learn.

JW excuse me my bad english sometime take me some time understand all post and forum web. But i love RC boat tunnels

Thanks a lot

Cristian Aldana

Caracas Venezuela
I understand that the 6 bolt is the better engine but I don't think there's allot of parts available for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
aldana,

i have a 6 bolt silver head rossi and a 6 bolt gold head. they both have a 5 port sleeve however the newer one has a little wider intake and a little higher exhaust port. i friend has the new 4 bolt gold head and his has the 3 port sleeve. the crank is shorter on the 4 bolt and we thought it was done to make it stronger. from the experience of other's this hasn't been the case. i was looking at your silver 4 bolt rossi. i would say it is a transition model. it would be interesting to know what sleeve it has.

chris

jerry,

the price i gave you on the crank must have been from 1998 or 1889

Hi Guys, i have my Rossi 5T ready in K&b Leg but here anybody have a pipe, i´ll buy it in USA asap, I think make a breakin and run it before the pipe arrive (2 months) but i need hear this animal in the water.

Can be sure or dangerous for the engine?

See the picture

Thanks

Cristian

Venezuela

Back