Rossi Powerhead

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

legendscar24

Got my Rossi powerhead today, what a work of art , I am used t the K&B junk, Rossi truly makes machine work top priority and it shows in their products...just ranting cause I am used to something different.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike,

Did your Rossi come with two differnet button heads? If so, did they tell you which one is for nitro.

Chuck

No Chuck, mine came with one head button, looks like all the other niotro head buttons I have seen before, did yours come with two buttons? My instructions are in Italian, you can go to Google and type translation and find one from Italian to English, this my help you to find out which one is form Nitro, seems to me a more shallow button would be from alcohol, not 100 % sure though.

Have a good one.

Mike

Mike,

I'll tell you I haven't seen a motor take so long as these Rossi's to break in. People told me its takes a gallon of fuel before they start running and they right. I have two hours of run time and its still not broke in, but getting close. You heard me right, not broke in yet. Its still tight. So your button head looks somewhat close to a K&B head, yes or no? You can't find much on the internet about these motors and I wonder why.

Do you know? I've searched and came up with nothing. If you have any good good web sites about them could you please turn me on to them. Let me know how your break in process is coming along.

Chuck

Hi

I have some instructions in English

Drop me a pm with your email address and I will sent you the info.

Ronald.

Ron, You can send them my email address or posted them on the forum so everyone can read them. It looks like I'm not the only one interested in them.

Chuck

Hey All,

Still looking for a Crank for my 3.5 Rossi (4 bolt gold head) any chance any of you know where to get one? I know someone was after one recently, did they have any luck??

Cheers

Kris

You might also want to email David at Hyperformance. When I was there a few months back, it looked like he had a decent stock of Rossi marine bits. [email protected]

Sahak at RossiEnginesUSA may also have the parts, and does sell complete powerheads, but I think he specializes more in the air and car engines. He's got good prices on some of the interchangable .21 parts though!

Hey All,

Still looking for a Crank for my 3.5 Rossi (4 bolt gold head) any chance any of you know where to get one? I know someone was after one recently, did they have any luck??

Cheers

Kris

I'm the guy that was looking for one. Funny you should ask. I got a reply today (3 weeks later) from Dave at Hyperformance and he has them in stock. I hope he ships faster than he replies to inquiries.

Anyone ever able to get the larger carb for the Rossi 7.5 powerhead? When I got mine it had a pretty small one on it. Tried Dave at Hyperperformance and no luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah there is a carb with a larger bore. When I was talking to a couple of guys in SoCal that run Rossis they told me about it and as of yet I have not been able to get one. Dave at Hyperperformance was describing them in millimeter diameters but I forget what they were. He also has a head button that works better than the one that comes stock.

I guess that Rod G could make you a carb, he made one form my Nelson and it worked great, better than the K&B I put on later.

-M-

guys, i'm running a 45 rossi outboard with a k&b red carb on it

i had sent this motor to rod with a red card and he made an adapter

to fit it on the motor,plus he made some minor mods on it

he said the red carb would work real well and it does

i had lots of running issues with the original carb that had the

larger bore,so get a hold of rod,he will get that eng hooked up!

norm

Back