River City Racing Spring Shootout

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kem, that was an option when I said move the race but the way tje facebook poll was going, some of the racers from the madison/louisville area didnt want the extra drive??? I assume that was the reason they voted against moving the race. I'll go anywhere, dont care if its a swimming pool. Winter has been long enough, time to run!! Lol

Our issue is the hotel situation.

Another is issue is if it's moved to MT Vernon I'm not counting it towards points. It's not fair to people that had made plans already then miss out because of the unfortunate situation.

It's just a bad situation and like you said your not gonna please everyone.

Everyone has there opinions and I bet there are over 100 different solutions.

Mt Vernon would add more for my drive, and I'm further away than the Louisville/Madison racers. Just want to get my boats wet!

And how can the water be low? I mean, the Cincy water is higher than it's ever been...

Sam, if you have a 100 different solutions, I'm all ears buddy. I been stressed to the max with this.

Mark, the water level is low because they pumped it out to build a bridge from the parking lots to our race area. We might have 30ft from bank to bouy line right now.

What hotels are non refundable I am at comfort by airport have until 4 pm day of arrival to cancel
Comfort Inn.

Our email states cancellation are non refundable, and if we don't show up they add another fee.

We did ours online.

And of course you would choose Mt Vernon. It's a lot closer to you.

Only 90 miles but I do understand where your coming from got away from on booking because of that last year booked a non refundable on line room for internets in Huntsville got here and they said that it wasnt paid for and it was so they hit my card for another 600.00 no more on line for me

Here is what our lake looks like as of last Saturday.

lake.jpg

They are also working on the overflow at the north end of the lake. They will be raising it 3+ feet so the water level when itis full should be up to the stakes in front of the drivers stand. But it all depends on mother nature
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Only 90 miles but I do understand where your coming from got away from on booking because of that last year booked a non refundable on line room for internets in Huntsville got here and they said that it wasnt paid for and it was so they hit my card for another 600.00 no more on line for me
That's or situation. The non refundable room is way cheaper a night. And we have never had a Evansville race cancelled that we have known of so we didn't hesitate to do it.

AND THE DECISION IS....... The RCRC Spring Shootout WILL go on as planned in Evansville but on a different lake in the sports park. Our thinking is we should be able to get close to regulation size course, not the smaller course I previously mentioned. This will still be a district point series race. IF mother nature sees fit to make our regular lake useful by race day, we will go back to it but dont hold your breath on that one.

Guys, If you havent gotten entered yet, please do so. Mike will be shutting entries down Tuesday so he can heats built Wednesday. Also, there will be NO open water till noon on Friday. Please do not arrive early friday because the area we will be setting pits up in will be open to traffic throughout the day on Friday. Canopies will be setting on concrete so bring something to anchor them down. Trailers may need to be backed in spots across from canopies.

Entries closed heats are set,due to a lower than expected boat count we will do 4 full rounds. Bring something to drink and something to hold your canopy down as they will be on pavement.

Latest posts

Back