Returned to nitro after trying out gas?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i ran all the tunnel classes, and all hydro classes and the one i love to run is my Roadrunner Twin hydro.. i love the smell of nitro and the noise. gas and nitro are all good classes and competitive. But Nitro will always rule..

I have a gas cat, hydro and deep vee/offshore boats, and Nitro Sport 45 and scale hydro. I at my happiest when I have a boat on the water and racing.

Having said that, somebody said on here a few days a go that there isn't much that beats the satisfaction of getting a nitro boat to run really well.

I've still got a small pile of nitro boats but have been running my gassers most of the time lately. The challenge with nitro boats is to get the right tune for where you're at. Gas boats have a better shot at returning to shore after a heat as I don't have to tweak the carb constantly. Total cost comes into play also, gas is cheaper than nitro, spark plugs cost less than glow plugs and last longer. I still love nitro but my gas boats too, just don't get me started on electrics! If I want to race around here there are plenty of races for nitro and gas, only one for FE boats.

Simple way to solve the crawl problem is a very simple rule stating that all slow boats must move to the outside of the coarse whether in milling or racing.

Tim

Back