Reading Master Hull Roster???

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably the easiest way would be to take the boat you like and go through the Newton Marine site and compare pictures to see what plan number it falls under. Then go back to the MHR and compare the dimensions of the boats and go from there. In the case of the 9210, it is probably going to be plan 158 or 173. Here's the only picture I could find http://www.scalehydros.com/gallery/scott_johnson/scott_johnson.htm

After doing a little more "Googling", I found this

http://www.tiforums.net/index.php?showtopic=550&st=0

Getting back to understanding the MHR... Is there a way to identify which hulls are very similar, or are evolutions of each other? For example, the 9210 hull... I think I understand that this hull also makes the 8700 series boats, with minor changes?

I know a lot of you just know... but for us younger guys who weren't around, where can one get a good idea how, looking at the master hull roster, one boat could be made into another, or which designs are basically the same??

I know, I know... SOOOOO many questions... ;)

If all that's too much to answer, then I can ask it more directly for two specific hulls:

9210 - Which other registered hull numbers can be made from a boat molded to this registration? I think 8700 is one of them. Any others?

6708 - Same question?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay Darin,

The 6708 is easy. There's about 3.5 pages of boats under plan 102 on the Newton Marine site for those that want a round nosed boat

As for the 9210, There are 5 boats under plan 158, the Close Call under 173 and the Winston Lobster boat on plan 157 that are all similar in center design, though the Lobster doesn't have a deck behind the sponsons.

To get these results, I took the boat from the hull roster and cross referenced it to Newton Marine's website using the site's search box and then went to that plan. In the case of the Winston, it was about 15 minutes cross checking pictures to match the basic look I was looking for and after finding the plan set that matches, any other boats under that plan set can be built

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back