• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

rcpilot

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I could add my $0.02 worth into this thread there is only one bit of advise that I would like to give. COMMUNICATION. I have had a quite a few dealings on this board and I have always found the people I dealt with friendly and honest. Some have bent over backwards for me. There were times that items didn’t arrive promptly but there was always an apology with and explanation but we kept in touch.

Only once did I not receive an item after paying for it. Sent money for a Picco 67 Bluehead from a fellow in WA and to this day still no motor. This doesn’t mean that I will not deal with people from WA. You can’t ‘paint’ everyone with the same brush.

Maybe a ‘blacklist’ for delinquent transactions or rating system on here similar to fleabay may be considered but for the most part I don’t believe it to be necessary as most people know each other. Posting names here is not the answer (I’ve considered it many times though) and I do not believe that IW is a forum for this. That is my opinion though.

When personal matters take priority over your hobby, drop the guy a line and say so. People are undersatnding that way but get pi$$ed if you leave them hanging. If your not getting your money or product, send a follow up email or possibly even consider giving the guy a phone call.

Bill, hope you get everything works out for you and your son. Unfortunately the judicial system is structured by lawyers and they want to make their money (something like giving the fox the key to the henhouse).

That’s my $0.02 worth (Canadian dollars that is). :p

Wally
That is definatelly the key to runing a good business. Thanks for yur post.

Boaterbill, believe what you wish!

I am not trying to get over on you, nor am I a person that tries to take advantage of a situation. I am not an untrustworthy scum as you painted me, I told you in our pms that I had been having a crazy couple of weeks and apologized for the delay in payment. Yes, I did also make a promise to get payment out to you again at that time and did not get it done as promised, that is my crime and also my fault.

As for bringing my business to the public, actually you brought yours to the public initially with the disclosure of cancer and fixed incomes instead of the simple fact that this person was sent a product up front without payment and he has to date not paid me yet....... I am not embarrassed what so ever by the unfortunate turn of events that my family has found ourselves subjected to. If anything, this is a situation that should be told at EVERY opportunity, not hidden in a cloak of embarassment. These are our CHILDREN that are getting screwed over by the system, because the law can not take in to consideration any shade other than black and white. Me making this explanation does 2 things:

1: It lets the people that know me and also those that do not know me that I am truly not the non paying scum that you accuse me of.

and

2: It is a way to let others know that this crap really does happen in real life and it can and potentially will ruin or scar my sons life FOREVER. have your son upset some girl, all she has to do is report an accusation to the school (true or not) and they are a mandatory reporting entity. They must report it to the police, the police must write it up and send it to the District Attorney and at that point it can't be stopped by anyone but the D.A. Bang you are handing over BIG dollars to a lawyer to keep your child from being taken away or marked as a sexual offender for the rest of their lives.....

Apparently my situation is not so bizarre as you would think, it appears from some of the other replies that others have found their families or friends in the same or similiar situation.

This hobby is a passion for me and not one that I am willing to walk away from. I travel quite a bit to many races and I will NOT walk around these races and wonder who is wispering about me or hang my head low because I am afraid of who I might run in to....

Garrette, OB Nut, GooeyCheese. I do sincerely appreciate your offers for help. His payment has been sent and I am done with him, this situation and this topic.

At this point, my embarrassment is simply for the fact that this has wasted this much forum board time and space and not for anything that I have done.

Tom, at this point I would appreciate if you would lock this topic. I am not asking for it to be removed that is up to you to decide whether it is worth remaining on the board. I simply ask that it be locked since the BS back and forth is not productive nor is it helpful to our hobby or your forum.

Bill

rcpilotbill

Bill,, my hat and prayers go out to you and you and your family... we talk about communication,,all well and done... but when something like this happens you go numb and all your efforts are focused on this MAJOR problem and it should.. The Man has come straight out on this forum and explained his unfortunate problem takes alot of BALLs to do this...Sorry that this had to come to this on this forum but now you know you have a TON of people pulling for you and your family,,,and sometimes that means alot....

I am not trying to get over on you, nor am I a person that tries to take advantage of a situation. I am not an untrustworthy scum as you painted me, I told you in our pms that I had been having a crazy couple of weeks and apologized for the delay in payment. Yes, I did also make a promise to get payment out to you again at that time and did not get it done as promised, that is my crime and also my fault.

As for bringing my business to the public, actually you brought yours to the public initially with the disclosure of cancer and fixed incomes instead of the simple fact that this person was sent a product up front without payment and he has to date not paid me yet....... I am not embarrassed what so ever by the unfortunate turn of events that my family has found ourselves subjected to. If anything, this is a situation that should be told at EVERY opportunity, not hidden in a cloak of embarassment. These are our CHILDREN that are getting screwed over by the system, because the law can not take in to consideration any shade other than black and white. Me making this explanation does 2 things:

1: It lets the people that know me and also those that do not know me that I am truly not the non paying scum that you accuse me of.

and

2: It is a way to let others know that this crap really does happen in real life and it can and potentially will ruin or scar my sons life FOREVER. have your son upset some girl, all she has to do is report an accusation to the school (true or not) and they are a mandatory reporting entity. They must report it to the police, the police must write it up and send it to the District Attorney and at that point it can't be stopped by anyone but the D.A. Bang you are handing over BIG dollars to a lawyer to keep your child from being taken away or marked as a sexual offender for the rest of their lives.....

Apparently my situation is not so bizarre as you would think, it appears from some of the other replies that others have found their families or friends in the same or similiar situation.

This hobby is a passion for me and not one that I am willing to walk away from. I travel quite a bit to many races and I will NOT walk around these races and wonder who is wispering about me or hang my head low because I am afraid of who I might run in to....

Garrette, OB Nut, GooeyCheese. I do sincerely appreciate your offers for help. His payment has been sent and I am done with him, this situation and this topic.

At this point, my embarrassment is simply for the fact that this has wasted this much forum board time and space and not for anything that I have done.

Tom, at this point I would appreciate if you would lock this topic. I am not asking for it to be removed that is up to you to decide whether it is worth remaining on the board. I simply ask that it be locked since the BS back and forth is not productive nor is it helpful to our hobby or your forum.

Bill

rcpilotbill
Bill,

I pitted next to you in Evansville. First time i ever met you adn i think your a hell of a nice guy. sorry to here about your missfortune and i hope everything comes out good. I would recommend kto anyone not to be afraid to do business wit you.

Good luck,

Scott

Well,

I might be a minority,I don't know,but I would defiantly like to see this thread removed.

Everyone who knows Bill is damned well aware that he is a great person and a true asset to this hobby.He's as far from a deadbeat as you can be.

Some hard times have fallen upon his family and he had the kahunas to let everyone know. Maybe not soon enough,but he did.I'm sure other priorities came 1st.

And we call ourselves a family around here? I know I don't slam my sister when she's down,I help pick her back up.Just as some of you here offered to do with Bill.And if there's anything I can do Bill,just ask. It turned my stomach to see this original RUDE post.I'm sure it could have been handled a little more discreetly.

Now,this is over and the debt has been paid,so lets all put this behind us,offer Bill and his family our support and move on.

The best way to start in my eyes,would be to please remove it.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Well,I might be a minority,I don't know,but I would defiantly like to see this thread removed.

Everyone who knows Bill is damned well aware that he is a great person and a true asset to this hobby.He's as far from a deadbeat as you can be.

Some hard times have fallen upon his family and he had the kahunas to let everyone know. Maybe not soon enough,but he did.I'm sure other priorities came 1st.

And we call ourselves a family around here? I know I don't slam my sister when she's down,I help pick her back up.Just as some of you here offered to do with Bill.And if there's anything I can do Bill,just ask. It turned my stomach to see this original RUDE post.I'm sure it could have been handled a little more discreetly.

Now,this is over and the debt has been paid,so lets all put this behind us,offer Bill and his family our support and move on.

Thanks
DITTO

Well,I might be a minority,I don't know,but I would defiantly like to see this thread removed.

Thanks
DITTO
I think Boaterbill thought he was helping a fellow boater out he didn't even know except on here... just like everybody here is trying to help RCPilot by coming to his defense and when he didn't get his money or didn't get an explanation he felt like he was getting cheated just like any of us would. I think he tried to be discreet with it and didn't get any explanation so he thought this was his last option. I don't think he should be looked upon as kicking a man when he is down if things would have been handled different this thread wouldn't be here now.

thanks,

Rusty

i know neither of the 2 parties involved. was rc pilot wrong by not communicating better? yes. was he right to ignore the world, to take care of his FLESH AND BLOOD? YES! was boaterbill right in posting this, after trying to resolve it privately? yes. can we all understand that some things overshadow EVERYTHING else? i hope so. it seems that everyone will/is getting paid. but,IMHO, if rc pilot hadn't focused all his attention/energy on his family, he shouldn't have one. he did what he felt was necessary, and if you have an issue with your $ over family, you are entirely too self centered and selfish. this is kinda where both parties are both right and wrong...... i'm glad it's being resolved, and my prayers go out to rc pilot and his son. it sux for the non family types, but he did the best thing in the situation. i have a 29 yr. old son, if it was him, all of you could suck my butt, he's WAY more important. none of the earth shaking issues on intlwaters couldn't wait for a while, as i focused on the most important thing in my life. i LIKE all the folks i have met here, but i LOVE my family. i do agree, in this electronic age, no communication is a poor response, regardless of the circumstances. but, i feel i'd react the same. just my .02. now, let's all go outside and play with our boats-it's time for recess :D !

and

Bill

rcpilotbill
Bill,

I pitted next to you in Evansville. First time i ever met you adn i think your a hell of a nice guy. sorry to here about your missfortune and i hope everything comes out good. I would recommend kto anyone not to be afraid to do business wit you.

Good luck,

Scott
That information was meant for one person only. If he chose to pass it on, so much for privacy on this board.

As of today mail there is no check..

Bill

and

Bill

rcpilotbill
Bill,

Good luck,

Scott
That information was meant for one person only. If he chose to pass it on, so much for privacy, and asking for someones help.

As of today mail there is no check..

Bill

SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:
Did you guys ever stop to think that Boaterbill might be in a similar situation and needs money in a bad way and that may be why he is selling stuff.

Just my american .02 cents
Thank you. I chose to try and get one of the members to resolve this situation, he chose not to help and blab my personal businnes. Now knowing my situation he still failed to send payment as he said.

Hopefully the payment will arrive.

Bill

ENOUGH ALREADY. I don’t see this going anywhere. We seem to be going around in circles (clockwise that is) LOL :lol: You guys need to resolve this between yourselves. I wrote this when it was at post no. 21 but didn’t want to upload it as it might just escalate things.

I don’t know Bill or Bill from ‘a hole in the ground’. Point being, I’ve been more of an observer on this whole issue/thread. I personally try to deal with facts. Choosing sides would just escalate everything. There are a few parallels we should consider here though.

1) In this world individuals will recruit followers in many ways. Sympathy to a common cause was one of the best to use because people would unite under that common cause. It doesn’t really matter if it is right or wrong but rather how many supporters it can recruit. Politicians do the same thing every day (as well as school children playing in a sandbox :p ). Look at the president during an election? Promises??? ;)

2) One important thing my father taught me was that people were judged by their actions. I feel that he said this because my actions were a reflection on him as he was the one who instilled my morals and values onto me. He felt the shortcomings in me were on his shoulders! :huh:

I see here, grown men publicly dragging down each other in this forum just so they can gain support. When you do this publicly you both loose, you loose the respect of others. Everyone could have used a little more diplomacy in the verbiage they posted.

3) I recently had a very traumatic event in my life as I am no longer someone’s child (even though I may be in the twilight of my life). During all of this I did find the time to look at emails and briefly respond where needed. I also opened all my regular mail and paid my bills. I figured that for the time it took me to browse my emails was about the same as going to the store to buy a pack of smokes.

The members of this forum must decide what is relevant or not, I personally just use the facts before me and have come to some conclusions in my mind but this public forum is not the place to voice these.

The solution seems relatively simple to me. If monies were sent, Give Bill & Rusty the cheque or money order numbers of their respective transactions. Then someone has recourse as the post office or bank to track these (who knows, the funds may even be lost in the mails). You can track a M/O and cancel a cheque for re-issuance but guys, do not do this on this forum as it is not the place for this type of matter.

Let's resolve this and get on with playing with our toys instead of arguing which toy belongs to who.

Again my $0.02CND(=$0.01909USD :p )

Wally

ENOUGH ALREADY. I don’t see this going anywhere. We seem to be going around in circles (clockwise that is) LOL :lol: You guys need to resolve this between yourselves. I wrote this when it was at post no. 21 but didn’t want to upload it as it might just escalate things.
I don’t know Bill or Bill from ‘a hole in the ground’. Point being, I’ve been more of an observer on this whole issue/thread. I personally try to deal with facts. Choosing sides would just escalate everything. There are a few parallels we should consider here though.

1) In this world individuals will recruit followers in many ways. Sympathy to a common cause was one of the best to use because people would unite under that common cause. It doesn’t really matter if it is right or wrong but rather how many supporters it can recruit. Politicians do the same thing every day (as well as school children playing in a sandbox :p ). Look at the president during an election? Promises??? ;)

2) One important thing my father taught me was that people were judged by their actions. I feel that he said this because my actions were a reflection on him as he was the one who instilled my morals and values onto me. He felt the shortcomings in me were on his shoulders! :huh:

I see here, grown men publicly dragging down each other in this forum just so they can gain support. When you do this publicly you both loose, you loose the respect of others. Everyone could have used a little more diplomacy in the verbiage they posted.

3) I recently had a very traumatic event in my life as I am no longer someone’s child (even though I may be in the twilight of my life). During all of this I did find the time to look at emails and briefly respond where needed. I also opened all my regular mail and paid my bills. I figured that for the time it took me to browse my emails was about the same as going to the store to buy a pack of smokes.

The members of this forum must decide what is relevant or not, I personally just use the facts before me and have come to some conclusions in my mind but this public forum is not the place to voice these.

The solution seems relatively simple to me. If monies were sent, Give Bill & Rusty the cheque or money order numbers of their respective transactions. Then someone has recourse as the post office or bank to track these (who knows, the funds may even be lost in the mails). You can track a M/O and cancel a cheque for re-issuance but guys, do not do this on this forum as it is not the place for this type of matter.

Let's resolve this and get on with playing with our toys instead of arguing which toy belongs to who.

Wally
A wise man....lol

if the people involved would do what my daddy taught me, this wouldn't have happened. "DO WHAT YOU SAY, AND SAY WHAT YOU DO!" if it hits home, you are who i'm talking to, because, after reading everything, something just kinda stinks around this thread. i'm not involved, so i can't and won't point fingers, but i don't buy everything that i'm reading.

Wally
More than well put. Thank you.

Bill

Back