Racing scale Hydro's

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you already did thanks. I will admit the allure of building a gas scale is the idea of having a big boat.

That Budweiser will be a pain to finish. The deck stripes are actually mahogany strips with caulking in between

I think the most "pickle fork" you could have on a classic Thunderboat is something like the Miss Schweppes.

images (3).jpg

yeah I will stick with the dragon I think, it was on my list anyways. I will do the Budweiser probably in 1/10 scale I know most people build just to race but the local scale club here that does mostly things like tugboats does static shows for nursing homes, boy scouts, and other events so I think the hydros will be a nice change and should show well, the only down side is I cant display gas boats with them.

What about the 1/8 scale electrics? Looks to me like there are a couple of clubs that would let you run one

they will but if I am just going to fun run the electrics I might as well save some money and build the 1/10 scales. I dont know it will take a bit to get all this going its not going to happen overnight. my main focus is to get the race boats going to I can race in more than one class and not be sitting there bored at the lake in-between heats. Since I was looking at the dragon anyways and it seems thunderboats is a better starting point I can build that then reassess what I want to do then. I have the conquest for offshore, and plan on building a Thunderboat and a crackerbox or a skiff I got to talk to the club and see what popular. I have a p-limited hydro thats runs good but might sell it to start building the thunderboat.

Will you need a rear exhaust or a side exhaust? I run a rear exhaust because it's easier to hide under the cowl. Draw back is that you are limited on engines and some claim they are not as reliable. It's easier to find a good new or used side exhaust motor.

I know I am going back and forth a bit but I am sorting it out. If I do 1.10 scale I cant show it with the IMPBA guys as it doesnt meet the requirements for the scale class so I will have to build it as a 1/8 scale. I plan on buying another set of decals and stuff so when I retire the boat I can just redo it and use it as a fun run boat. I know it sounds like I am planning on building 8 boats at once but thats ot the case I have my list just like everyone else. I doubt I will get through all of them but it will be fun to try. I really appreciate you guys helping me out I cant wait to get the build going and get to racing.

Back