R/C U Atomic Cup

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwo

R/C U's 1st race is in the books. 1st place Dave Brandt driving His E-lam, 2nd- myself with my Bud Light, 3rd went to David Newton driving an electric Formula boat 2.

Great weekend with 24 boats. You can see some great pictures at http://cdenslow.smugmug.com/

Thanks Chris. You are an excellent photographer.

Hi John, Do they combine electric with nitro all the time?

thanks for the update although I was watching things on facebook..... :)

Hey Rob, R/C U is conducting an experiment with running elec. power and nitro together. So the short answer is yes. This is season 2 of 3. We have implemented some restrictions on them to make them compairable in speeds to nitro. Such as Battery and prop size etc. The ammendments can be found on our website in the info section as a pdf file.

As electric power in the NW becomes more popular the hope is to spin off to there own class like the rest of the FE 1/8 scales around the country and run with R/C U like we are doing with the Gas Scale Hydro's.

Thats cool but FEis just no fun for me,Maby i will be more excited when unlimited hydros go fe or master craft ,Or maby sombody will build a fe lambergini,lol Just to hard to get exited over a smart car concept.it just fills like racing when you here a boat on nitro or gas..Just my appenion.LOL

The 2009 Oberto is a R/C Boat Co. hull owned by KC Andres. It is also 1 of the Electrics in the club.

I'm interested in the RCU electric rules. I can't find them on the RCU site. Could you post a link?

Lohring Miller

Back