push rod seals

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitro junky

what are you guys gluing the aeromarine pushrod seals in with? i was told i could use shoe goo. will this work?

Bru- line seals, With the 3 little screws and plates, I put some sealer around the base and seal it up, Never any leaks, and take a little nylon tie and put around the boot and wires comming out. Water tight that way.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Like Don said, Just use ca around the base of the seal. I have done this many times with no problem. Ken

CA. It would also be worth the time to clean the seals with alcohol or something similar. Sometimes there is a release agent residue left on the rubber.

I tried to use shoe goo the other day on some seals....when I pushed the rod through the seal after the goo had dried, the seal just popped off. Shoe goo works great for alot of things, but seals isnt one of them IMO. I think its to smooth of a material for the goo to get a good bond, it stuck great to the wood radio box which is alot more porous...

~James

Now I will contiue to use CA

CA always works great for me. Have used it on wood and fiberglass boxes with no problems.

Except for the time I let ca run down inside the seal and it kinda wadded up when I pressed it in like a ball and was pretty useless. Bet no-one else has done that???

I've had better luck with Household Goop. Otherwise try a rubber based CA.

I too like the Bru-Line seals better although I have used the Aeromarine's.

Preston_Hall said:
CA. It would also be worth the time to clean the seals with alcohol or something similar. Sometimes there is a release agent residue left on the rubber.
I finally got to see Prestons avatar as it had disappeared for a few days.

Looks as though she CA'd those puppies into her top cause theres no way they would stay in there otherwise :D

These ones from Robbe are the best ones I have used on my heatracing boats

Robbe pushrod seal

Search for "RUBBER BELLOW" or article no "1-1400"

Regards,

Stein

a lonadier said:
hey nitrotoys got a ?
where do you get the bruline with the three screws
The Bruline seals I buy only have 2 screws. The ones with 3 are another brand I think. To me, the 707 Specialty seals are more durable than any other seal. They are just a pain in the but to keep on sometimes.

Back