Pre-built Firefighter Outrigger Boats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blaise Recca

I now understand why table saws have guards around the blades and why you should not remove them!

Two weeks ago I hade a serious accident involving my hand and a table saw. For some reason still unknown to me, in a moment of lapse thought, I placed my four fingers directly on top of an unprotected saw blade. Luckily the blade was only about a ½ inch above the ¼ inch ply I was cutting. While it did not slice my fingers off, the injury was quite severe and required about 6 hours of surgery to realign my fingers and rejoin tendons.

Today was the first day I was able to return to the shop and resume building. I still have a bunch of healing to do but was very happy to see that I will still be able to work with my hands. I even sat on my Harley today and was able to weakly pull the clutch. I was afraid that my riding days were over!

I learned a few things from this experience;

The morphine and Dilaudid they pump you up with at the hospital will allow your mouth to say things to your wife that you will not remember!

Life can change directions pretty fast, appreciate where you are and what you got…today.

Keep those dang guards in place!

To the guys that have deposits on pre-built boats and spare sponson sets, I am on it and should have things caught up shortly. Thank you for your understanding.

I will also have (10) Firefighter kits (Wood and Metal) available shortly. Any interest let me know.

Blaise

****, blaise, glad to hear that you'll be ok!! forget the harley, can you still operate a rc transmitter :rolleyes: :lol: ? i ran a few fingers through a go kart chain years ago, took about 3 years for the feeling to return enough to really be able to use them to start nuts & bolts without a concious effort. hope you do better than that. see ya at the ptpt race :D !

WOO!! I'm glad to hear it was not worse! 2 most dangerous tools in the shop are #1 router and #2 table saw Want to learn how to cut parts with a router... works great!

I now understand why table saws have guards around the blades and why you should not remove them!

Two weeks ago I hade a serious accident involving my hand and a table saw. For some reason still unknown to me, in a moment of lapse thought, I placed my four fingers directly on top of an unprotected saw blade. Luckily the blade was only about a ½ inch above the ¼ inch ply I was cutting. While it did not slice my fingers off, the injury was quite severe and required about 6 hours of surgery to realign my fingers and rejoin tendons.

Today was the first day I was able to return to the shop and resume building. I still have a bunch of healing to do but was very happy to see that I will still be able to work with my hands. I even sat on my Harley today and was able to weakly pull the clutch. I was afraid that my riding days were over!

The morphine and Dilaudid they pump you up with at the hospital will allow your mouth to say things to your wife that you will not remember!

Life can change directions pretty fast, appreciate where you are and what you got…today.

To the guys that have deposits on pre-built boats and spare sponson sets, I am on it and should have things caught up shortly. Thank you for your understanding.

I will also have (10) Firefighter kits (Wood and Metal) available shortly. Any interest let me know.

Blaise

Is it me or does this new format suck, Anyway.

Blaise sorry to hear that happened. Debbie and I had a great time hanging out with you at the Charleston race.

I hope to get a rigger from u in the near future.

Take Care OK!!!

Tim & Debbie

Blaise

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back