STOLEN SCALE BOATS RECOVERED

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jojoinotown

As some of you may remember a few years back Kirk Maupkin had a couple of his scale boats taken from his garage. It is with great pleasure that we can announce they are back in his garage once again and it was a very pleasant exchange. Long story short is, They showed up on E bay Sunday evening, one of our members spotted them and Kirk was notified immediately. The police didn't seem like they were going to do much from what I understand, don't quote me on that you will have to talk to Kirk directly. However he and A work buddy traveled to the sellers house this evening. Kirk had the cowlings to match up with the missing hulls and also the radio box lids to prove he had the missing pieces for his property. He said the seller was very understanding and did the right thing by giving them back and cancelling the auction. I do not have the name of the seller but from what Kirk said he had purchased them on craigslist at some point from someone in Arlington Washington. He felt horrible when he found out they were stolen and I am just super proud of this kid for doing the right thing. From what I understand he is a new boater up here in the Pacific Northwest and I say we get this Kid all the help we can to get him out here racing with us and show him the meaning of racing Family. I guarantee this is a case where no good deed should go unnoticed. I did send him a message on E bay expressing my gratitude for him doing the right thing. I will leave it up to him to let himself be known if he wishes. Also if he wishes to remain anonymous then I will gladly respect his wishes.

12541041_10156439718180113_2536199553842899882_n1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
He's a Great kid. As a beginning boater had no idea of their history and was more than happy to return them! Nice job Tylerackley.

Glad to hear that you got them back, Kirk.

OH CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW WE HAVE TWO MORE VERY FAST MAUPIN BOATS TO DEAL WITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
default_wink.png

Back