powerful enough ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speakerboy

ok i have this brand new Cen .16 engine .. specs look nice but not spectaculair

displacement = 0.163 in .

rpm range = 3000 - 22000

0.986 hp at 20000 rpm .

use this engine for a scaled down wildthing mono ore a outrigger ... i like to built an outrigger but if the engine is not good for it ore performs bad i better built a mono for it i think ..

whats ur opinion .. ? ?

jerome

shrug don't know if it would be powerful enough... or for that matter why it wouldn't be, but i am very happy with mine in my aqua jet seems to be a good little engine. :D

Go with this engine (also I do only know your specs from above)

I used an "old" OS CZ .15 - rated at about 0.5 hp / 20.000 - my little hydroplane makes about 65-70km/h with it :D

ive got a nice reso pipe with it .. and i want to built a rigger for it .. but that wild thing sure does look good .... i cant make up my mind. ... > :(

jerome

go get the tmaxx 2.5 engine and run that if you have air running over it you wont have a prob w/ cooling but if not you can get the water head for it, this thing just screams and has mad top and bottom end that we boaters need and for 130 you cant go wrong

or for around the same price you can get an OS TR P

and have a better engine without the unneeded water cooling head and electric start stuff...... : :) :p ;)

if you're just playing around the CEN should be fine,

somebody's sellin a Blizzard with hardware right now for a good price, that would probably be a pretty nice combo. i think whichever you go with you'll like.

Joe

welll i am a gasser .. i run a gas cat and building opa AC Magnum hull wit ha zenoah right now ...

so i will not buy another engine for that Cen.16 .. i just need to know if its good enough to let a mono ore a rigger run at least 40 mph .. if not . i will not start the project ..

jerome

ok i started building up a micro rigger . will be a "pot racer " model .. hopefully the engineis powerfull enough to pull some nice rooster and decent speed .. any prop advise is welcome !

jerome

I dont think a .16 engine will push a mono over 40.

A rigger i would like to see.

lets see pics of this little rigger when done.

I have a 15 os laying around, need ideas.

NT

Back